PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Huge thanks to RPM! I picked up a TON of power today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Huge thanks to RPM! I picked up a TON of power today!

I purchased my 99 Z28 last week with 73,xxx miles, BBK shorty headers, SLP lid, and SLP LM1 previously installed on it. I could tell something on the car "wasn't quite right" so I took it to Race Proven Motorsports this morning to check it out. They put the car up in the air and we looked it over real well. We found a couple of things that need some attention but nothing drastically wrong with the car so I decided to let them tune it. Their tuner was a little ways out so while we were waiting on him I had them install some NGK TR55 plugs and MSD wires. Turns out the car still had the factory wires and plugs in it and they were toast. When that was done you could hear the difference as soon as the car fired up.

The first pull on the dyno the car was running so lean that the pull was aborted early. They added some fuel and the first pull we could get was in the 250hp/290tq range and still super lean. When the tune was complete it made 324 rwhp and 336 rwtq.

The ride home from there was amazing! It drove like a completely different car !

Huge thanks to all the guys at RPM for the great work and answering my million questions! Everyone was very friendly and very honest with me and it was a great experience!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn thats a great increase prob gets hella good mpgs now too
Old 06-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

I am not really sure about the MPGs as that is not a concern for me. As long as the car runs strong then the MPG just is what it is.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

Those are almost the same numbers I pulled (326/ 332) with just shorty headers, a lid, LM exhaust, LS6 intake, and a tune. I've since added longtubes, heads, and a cam but no updated numbers yet. Congrats!