Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't pass emissions, readiness monitor issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
Incorrect, they will not pass unless every test has run without error, or you have to set them all to no error reported and enable the mil/ses....

I have done this many many times....
Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
You must not have done it enough. I have no emission sensors hooked up on my car and all related codes set to no error and unchecked SES enable. I've done it either way. No problems.
For example: *** NOTE, I'm just posting this picture as an example for the options given in the drop down box.

you are absolutely right that you must not change the MAF to "no error reported" or else the car will not run.

When I go to get everything ready, I un-check the SES checkbox and I set the status to "no error reported" on all items related to the readiness tests. I tweak and tune the car and don't drive it a lot now, so these tests usually aren't ready for when I do go get inspected...so I hate having to piddle around and drive it to get the tests to ready up...so I skip this part.

and HPTuners and EFI Live can tell you if they are ready or not (complete/incomplete):

Old 01-19-2017, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 527 Likes on 333 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but the above info is very helpful to me!
Old 01-19-2017, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To close the loop here, setting the readiness monitors to read "complete" made the referrees happy.

Putting in the largest 3" cats that magnaflow makes made the smog people happy as the car then blew super cleanly. I V banded them so I could drop them out for when I was at the track.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Checking or unchecking the boxes makes no difference. As long as your setting it to no error reported. And all you need worry about is O2, O2 heater, secondary air, catalyst, and evap codes. And of course any other codes you might be throwing at the time, but those will get you a pass.
The following users liked this post:
TedsB4Csled2 (11-18-2020)
Old 04-13-2017, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
Checking or unchecking the boxes makes no difference. As long as your setting it to no error reported. And all you need worry about is O2, O2 heater, secondary air, catalyst, and evap codes. And of course any other codes you might be throwing at the time, but those will get you a pass.
JonCR96z , man thanks a lot for you help here. I used your explanation here and worked perfect. I smog ed my car today and pass the test perfect.

Thanks a lot for share your knowledge.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all I know the thread is old but hoping someone will chime in. I'm thinking about doing an LS swap into something not sure yet. I live in Indiana where I need emission testing. My question is what about the VIN#? how do you get it to match the car it is in? Say I want to put the LS in a ford or possibly an import how does that work? any info or pointing me the right direction is very much appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-15-2020, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

Every state is different and has different requirements. Some states the VIN must match, other states do not care at all. There are various ways the VIN can be programmed. Some tuning systems have certain requirements, some do not, some still can't change the VIN. It's a very in depth question.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by OTCGuy74
Hi all I know the thread is old but hoping someone will chime in. I'm thinking about doing an LS swap into something not sure yet. I live in Indiana where I need emission testing. My question is what about the VIN#? how do you get it to match the car it is in? Say I want to put the LS in a ford or possibly an import how does that work? any info or pointing me the right direction is very much appreciated. Thanks
EFI Live will let you do it.

Quick Reply: Won't pass emissions, readiness monitor issues