Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need insight, idk of right section

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need insight, idk of right section

I have recently deleted my ac/heat(whole hvac), asr, cruise control, air pump. I'm thinking about deleting the abs system, fogs, and a couple other little things I prolly can't think of. Can I take all the wires for this stuff out without getting an aftermarket PCM? Almost want to rewire car to clean stuff up and hide a lot that are in the engine bay. Thanks for your help and advice

Jordan
Old 07-06-2012, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Track only car?

Supposed to be 106* today (Missouri)

ABS has saved my dumb *** more than once

If this is not all out race, back half ,fullcage,etc. who would you ever be able to sell
it to?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run no ABS....lots of people do. You'll have lights turn on in your cluster. You just need to remove the led's/bulbs for Service Vehicle, Brake, and ABS IIRc.

The AIR pump can be turned off in the PCM when you pull it out. I wouldn't cut up the wiring harness though. If you REALLY want to drop the extra weight of the extra wires (really - 2lbs?), I'd buy a used harness from somewhere (make sure it's compatible) and cut that one up. Keep the original one in good shape in case you decide to sell in the future.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a lot of spliced grounds and power wires within the harness. Don't cut anything unless you are planning a major overhaul of the harness.
You can delete anything not used, I do it all the time for engine swaps. It's a good way of eliminating potential problems and make everything look clean.