TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

lol
Old 08-08-2012, 05:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsz288
Hey Joe, great question, maybe human nature is the simple answer, ie:

Why do Voodoo (not picking on you Voodoo practitioners, simply an example ) and other pursuits of the make believe still survive and proliferate?

Because often people want to believe in wierd stuff vs the right stuff. Astonishingly so. Like those of that might understand searching for lost quantum bolts. .

Greg's work on injector characterization might represent authoritative and paramount knowledge on the subject, but plenty of people will argue with it and go their own way simply because they dont want to believe in it.

A recent example that a buddy encountered was an industry recognized producer of high end tuning products did not understand a question on injector characterization beyond simply IFR. They didnt "believe" the other parameters were necessary. Doh! :doh:

Why do something the right way when you can do it the "easy" way... All you have to do is look around at the state of things these days to see where that gets you... Here's to the lost art of doing it the right way even when its hard
Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a little write-up for those wishing to know what it takes to tune for injectors...

http://masterenginetuner.com/EFI-Fue...tors_Pg_1.html

It's not in any particular format (don't ask "Is it EFI or HP Tuners") but it shows you what injector slope is, break-points, non-linear fuel delivery, voltage offsets, compensation tables and multipliers. You can use this info to learn how to tune any EFI system for different injectors, GM, Ford, whatever...
Old 08-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Dan, another generally good article. You may want to edit it though to correct a couple things. The units for breakpoint (in Ford-speak) are not lb/hr, or even mass/time. The low slope pressure modifier is basically the same as the high slope pressure modifier in that they both change the calculated instantaneous flow rate, NOT the pulsewidth directly (since this must also include the voltage offset). Low slope actually increases due to the same Bernoulli effect as high slope. It's just damped a bit non-linearities from opening delay.

I don't mean to be critical though, as the article is pushing people in the right direction for awareness of the interaction between physical injector properties and calibration data in the ECU. By all means, keep helping to raise the bar on consumer education!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
Why do something the right way when you can do it the "easy" way... All you have to do is look around at the state of things these days to see where that gets you... Here's to the lost art of doing it the right way even when its hard
LOL yes. Why do it right when you can do it over? . Or, never time to do it right, but always time to do it over. Such is life.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rsz288
Or, never time to do it right, but always time to do it over.
I see this everywhere, not just tuning.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silly question but I bought an injectors I think It's 72Lb . I asked my tuner to tuned it and give him 75lb instead of 72. Will that affects the car from starting up?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nah not from starting I would not think. That should be close enough to at least start. Probably will be off a bit but not enough to prevent starting.

Quick Reply: Tuning bigger injectors