PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

data for DEKA/Siemens 60 lb injectors?

Old 07-30-2012, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default data for DEKA/Siemens 60 lb injectors?

I'm gonna start off by saying that I know absolutely nothing about tuning, and I'm having it done by a professional, but I need to get a base tune on this car because my tuner will not dyno tune the car until the new motor and clutch are broken in, so what I will be doing is using a friends tune file for the first 1,000 or so miles. I want to make this as easy as possible for him to do, so is there any way someone could give me the numbers that he could just install into his tune before he puts it in my car...

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you very much.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I have the data for them shoot me a pm with you email and I'll send it to you

Last edited by dodson55; 07-31-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodson55
I think I have the greg banish data for them shoot me a pm with you email and I'll send it to you
This should be good.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
This should be good.
what's that supposed to mean?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

People pay money for proprietary information (i.e. the sale of the book and data mentioned above) and then openly admit to handing it out to someone on a forum the author frequents? I don't know....you tell me what that was supposed to mean.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dodson55
I think I have the greg banish data for them shoot me a pm with you email and I'll send it to you
People pay money for proprietary information (i.e. the sale of the book and data mentioned above) and then openly admit to handing it out to someone on a forum the author frequents? I don't know....you tell me what that was supposed to mean.
Exactly. You want to just come over to my house and kick my dog when you're done too? Sheesh.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

yikes, well this is the first I'd ever heard of Greg Banish to be honest. I didn't know it was a professionally calibrated table.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

This begs the question; Where does someone (who is willing to pay money) for said data for various injectors obtain it?

I have both of Greg's Begin/Advanced HPT DVD's, and would like to know where to get info for the various F.A.S.T injectors.....among others. Basically...the more info I can find, the better for my tuning "toolbox". I realize that many folks just plug in the flow rates and call it a day, but I'd really like the offset,etc. info as well.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

From the injector manufacturer or from someone capable / has the equipment to do an independent test.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

From the injector manufacturer or from someone capable / has the equipment to do an independent test.
It's been my experience that FAST (for some reason) is either unable or unwilling to give this info out. Maybe I've been contacting the wrong people,IDK. I was hoping that someone, somewhere might have this info available....even if for a fee. Buying a set of injectors simply for the sake of obtaining this data, is not something that is feasible for me.....so I thought I'd just throw the question out there.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

I'm lost.... If you don't have the injectors, what do you need the data for?
Old 07-31-2012, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm lost.... If you don't have the injectors, what do you need the data for?
Gearing up to start tuning cars as a business venture in the near future. Ya never know what might roll into the shop, so just wanting to have as much information on file as possible.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Getting the right data is not impossible. It's just time consuming. If you're not running the injector bench (if you own one) yourself and familiar with the process and data interpretation, you will have to pay a professional who can. I know that FAST/Comp has the equipment to do this, I'm just not sure if they're familiar enough with the process and data interpretation. They may also have much higher priority things to deal with over there. Who knows? They were given a quote a couple years ago to generate the data for their injectors and declined to pursue it. As a result, it's much more difficult to properly employ their injectors in a late model OEM EFI system.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

About inquiring data

http://ielinc.com/fuel_injectors_web_site.pdf
IEL - Independent Engineering Laboratories
ielinc .com

ASNU - asnu . com

yes for data you have to pay if they don't come with it. Another interesting fact is several PCMs/ECMs/engine management computers are not worrying about the offset tables... only the cc/pulse of fuel and all the other tables, short pulse adder, etc.

I'm currently waiting on a quote right now from IEL for testing four different injectors, as I already know their flow rates and that they are matched nicely.... I spoke with them and as Greg has said this is time consuming and typical engineering services are $100/hour ... so go figure if each injector takes 2 hours or more.... there ya go.

Last edited by ZL1Killa; 08-01-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

So basically, buy ID and be done with it. LOL

If only it were that easy....as few people want to throw down 1K for injectors. OTOH, the old saying about getting what you pay for applies here.

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by salemetro
Gearing up to start tuning cars as a business venture in the near future. Ya never know what might roll into the shop, so just wanting to have as much information on file as possible.
If you're going to tune cars professionally, you either need to be prepared for tuning cars with limited information, or be picky about what you tune. Cut and paste tables are not going to be the answer to everything.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
If you're going to tune cars professionally, you either need to be prepared for tuning cars with limited information, or be picky about what you tune. Cut and paste tables are not going to be the answer to everything.
Appreciate the insight....but I never expected to "cut and paste tables". Simply wanting as much solid injector data as I can find.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by salemetro
So basically, buy ID and be done with it. LOL

If only it were that easy....as few people want to throw down 1K for injectors. OTOH, the old saying about getting what you pay for applies here.

Thanks for the input guys.
ID isn't the only one that does it anymore. you can also pay to have them tested...and it may not be as expensive as I make it to sound.

FIC also has other injectors with data
Old 08-01-2012, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
ID isn't the only one that does it anymore. you can also pay to have them tested...and it may not be as expensive as I make it to sound.

FIC also has other injectors with data
Been a while since I bought from FIC....and they were awesome to deal with back then.....best price on flow-matched injectors at the time. Sounds like FIC is still on top of their game. Thanks for the info

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: data for DEKA/Siemens 60 lb injectors?