Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

issues with tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default issues with tune

Long story short, switched cam, converter, intake tb and maf. Had it retuned. Car likes to die when braking suddenly, and it bucks doing around 45-50 un 4th gear.

Here's a link to my thread on hpt forum. It's pretty dead over there.
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40005
Old 08-11-2012, 07:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the same problems sometimes. Cant give the car to much throttle in reverse or it will stall when letting off. Turned the TB set screw in and it gets rid of it but then I end up with a high idle and cruise control effect which I hate. I havent been to the track for the waterbox yet so it could be interesting ugh.
I also have a slight surge/bucking thing going on.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The cars need to be tuned. You need to start from the beginning and tune your VE then move to other stuff like MAF, Base idle airflow, timing, idle speed etc etc

You can't just turn the set screw as you have ot reset the TPS sensor after doing so.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The car has been tuned and other than the two issues ive been having, it works great
Old 08-13-2012, 05:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fast intakes love to leak. Alot leak through the pours of the mold. Alot of times this causes idle problems. Not all cars but I've seen it alot lately. Only tuning that seams to get rid of it is hangIng the idle more than ussual.

As for the surging. At that area if the converter is locked it would put it in the cam surge rPm for light throttle.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

both of the first two posters cars need to be retuned.... its that plain and simple.... get a good tune and it wont surge buck or stall... damn near drive like a stock car except lope and the power LOL
Old 08-16-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Fast intakes love to leak. Alot leak through the pours of the mold. Alot of times this causes idle problems. Not all cars but I've seen it alot lately. Only tuning that seams to get rid of it is hangIng the idle more than ussual.

As for the surging. At that area if the converter is locked it would put it in the cam surge rPm for light throttle.
I actually thought that was a problem before I had the car tuned, as it would barely run with a mail order from the same tuner, however the maf was off.

Has anyone had issues with the ls7 maf and 100mm housing vs the 85mm maf? I'm thinking that may cause an issue as it was being a pain during tuning