Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cartridge maf & IAT

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Default cartridge maf & IAT

Got a 100mm tube w/ LS7 cartridge maf. Got the maf tables dialed in pretty good now but have a problem. The IAT values are out of bounds, too high by at least 40F compared to readings taken w/ IR gun. In HPTuners it also gives an out of bound error by making the gauge face turn red. I'm pretty sure the sensor has a different scaling than the stock one. I have only prev. used the same sensor on a OBD1 system (my 87 camaro, repinned ECM w/ custom triple range extended tuning for SC application)

does anyone know where I can change the scale on the IAT in HPT? Anyone have a set of values I can use??

Also, O2s don't cycle at all, they linger around 47mV and don't swing at all. Could be they are just old & gone (swap from a 2K4 GTO using sensors that came on engine) or is it because of the IAT issue (forced open loop?) I haven't played with HPT that much, only recently got it.

this is the tube I fabbed for it

tnx

Marck
Old 08-14-2012, 08:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have converted several maf setups to the card style and have never had to change any iat parameters. From what I have seen as far as maf scaling, you need to add about 40-45% to the maf table vs the old style maf. How much did you have to scale it so far?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Launching!

Quite a bit, about 40% more...if not more.

I have read 1 topic here where someone mentions an iat fix in HPTuners...I have not been able to find any more info on that. Maybe it's different for different brands of sensors? I know the HPX maf is not the same scaling on the airflow as the LS3 MAF, I use the HPX on my OBD1 system
Old 08-17-2012, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get the Beta version of their software. Go to Engine Diag - Airflow - Under IAT Sensor click IAT Sensor Cal.

I had to scale mine by about 15%.

Let the engine bay get to ambient, let sit over night. Use a known good thermometer and check air temp versus the reading in the HP Tuners scanner. Adjust the table until they match.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Launching!

I have the Beta, didn't even notice that ****..must be because I use the drop down menu

I'll take care of it then. tnx

Quick Reply: cartridge maf & IAT