Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frost Tuning - My Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frost Tuning - My Review

Well, this past Friday I made the trip down to Performance AutoSport in Richmond, VA to meet up with Steve Williams @ Frost Tuning. I completed my H/C/I/E build near the end of last year and I made a pretty decent thread with 100+ pics. Since then I've been putting around town on a Mail Order Tune From Steve and I finally decided to go down there and get everything finished.

Steve's customer service was awesome. Though my setup is pretty basic - I was very pleased with the whole process. Steve showed a great amount of knowledge and expertise. The Vette idle's very smooth, drives flawless, no bucking or jerking. She moves out pretty quick but when around town drives like she's stock. I couldn't be happier. I'm planning on throwing a blower on my Vette sometime in the near future and I know exactly where I'm taking her to get tuned. If you guys are looking for a good tuner - Steve is the man .

Here's the dyno video & graph

Old 08-19-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so did you dyno it with just the mail order tune? how was it driving and acting on the mail order alone.

you should put this in sponsor feedback forum . nice ride btw
Old 08-19-2012, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
so did you dyno it with just the mail order tune? how was it driving and acting on the mail order alone.

you should put this in sponsor feedback forum . nice ride btw
Thanks man. We actually did about 5 pulls in total. The first one was on the mail order tune. To be honest - I've been running on that mail order tune for almost 1 year. I had zero issues. From the first start - it idled smooth, drove nicely, I was caught in heavy traffic multiple times (work in DC) and I had no problems scooting around. The driveability in my opinion was awesome, and that's why I took my time before bringing it down to the dyno.

I knew I was leaving a little power on the board and I was curious what she was putting down so I decided to make the trip (Also for piece of mind). On the mail-order tune, she put down: 422.07 WHP & 378.21 WTQ corrected. After tweaking a little, I got my final numbers and an increase of 15 WHP and 15 WTQ.

I'm pretty happy with the selection of my setup. It looks like the cam I chose will work very well with some boost as I have planned
Old 08-19-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

not to hijack but i've been running his mail tune since june and my ve's and maf's are pretty damn good. I've been WOT multiple times and not one problem. I will be getting it dyno'd in the near future and should have close to 400 horses and over 400 on the torque side. I have been logging in Hptuners with an AFX ngk unit. Pretty sure theres power in reserve to be tuned out.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mcdonald77
not to hijack but i've been running his mail tune since june and my ve's and maf's are pretty damn good. I've been WOT multiple times and not one problem. I will be getting it dyno'd in the near future and should have close to 400 horses and over 400 on the torque side. I have been logging in Hptuners with an AFX ngk unit. Pretty sure theres power in reserve to be tuned out.
Sounds good man! I was actually surprised how well the mail order tune did. It was almost perfect. Steve does a great job Glad to hear things are working out for you too.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Im running a mail order on my bolt on car and it drives great. If I was closer to va if take my car to Steve, we was very helpful answering all my questions.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am glad to hear the mail order tunes are damn near spot on.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

I am getting my mail order tune as we speak from frost on a 5.3 with bolt ons.Can't wait to try her out.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mjs1012
Im running a mail order on my bolt on car and it drives great. If I was closer to va if take my car to Steve, we was very helpful answering all my questions.
Awesome man - the mail order tunes he sends out are top notch. It was very close to perfect. Easily one of the best Mail order tunes I've ever ran on a car.

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
I am glad to hear the mail order tunes are damn near spot on.
Yes - it really looks like he puts a lot of time into the tune.

Originally Posted by gagliano7
I am getting my mail order tune as we speak from frost on a 5.3 with bolt ons.Can't wait to try her out.
Great, you'll be happy man. Let me know once you get everything running. I'm interested in hearing how it goes.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

I dont mean to jack this thread, just looking for a little help. I ordered a mail order tune from Frost a little while back, say in Feb or Mar. I was still building the car, and really didn't get it road ready til recently. Friday, 8-17 was the first day I had the car out. Then on Sunday, and haven't drove it since. First off let me say, the tune is GREAT!!! This was my first build, and this car runs hard!!! I have a LQ4 with L92 heads, LS3 intake, Livernois Motorsport stage 2 LS cam, and an Edlebrock 3864 throttle body with factory LS1 tp and iac sensors. It fired right up the first time and everytime, and runs great at idle, wide open, and everywhere in between. I do have one issue though. On coastdown, and mainly when the car warms up to operating temp, it stalls sometimes. I have to two foot it sometimes after letting up off the pedal. I do not have anything like HPtuners and wouldn't even know where to start if I did. Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance! And for the guys getting a mail order tune from Frost, you will not be disappointed!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

Just spoke to Frost. He gave me a direction to go in. Excellent customer service! Very knowledgable and ready to help.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gols1go
Just spoke to Frost. He gave me a direction to go in. Excellent customer service! Very knowledgable and ready to help.
Awesome! I'm glad everything worked out for you. He's usually difficult to get a hold of (busy) but he definitely will do his best to make you happy.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

op did you do a build thread over on corvetteforum by chance?????
Old 08-23-2012, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mjs1012
op did you do a build thread over on corvetteforum by chance?????
Yep - I posted that build thread with a LOT of pictures and info on both Corvetteforum and on LS1tech.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just wanted to add to a positive mark on Frost. Bout 3 years ago I did a h/C/I on my 98 with a mail order. started right away and ran GREAT! Now i'm finishing my front mount turbo build with a 99+ PCM swap and a mail order from Frost and i am not even questioning how well the tune will be one bit. In my opinion he has earned one of the best reputations in the tuning world and I have much respect for that. Steve is the man.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Awesome to hear! Still need to visit PAS's new shop since they moved.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lambert695
Just wanted to add to a positive mark on Frost. Bout 3 years ago I did a h/C/I on my 98 with a mail order. started right away and ran GREAT! Now i'm finishing my front mount turbo build with a 99+ PCM swap and a mail order from Frost and i am not even questioning how well the tune will be one bit. In my opinion he has earned one of the best reputations in the tuning world and I have much respect for that. Steve is the man.
That's awesome man! I'm glad to hear a lot of people have had a good experience.

Originally Posted by blackfang
Awesome to hear! Still need to visit PAS's new shop since they moved.
It's a nice spot man. Very clean and decent space. Looks like they are beginning to outgrow it though with the amount of cars in there. But they definitely have some nice rides.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

My 5.3 with Frost's tune runs great.I was just wondering does frost lock his tunes?

Quick Reply: Frost Tuning - My Review