Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SS 6.0 t76 hesitation Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS 6.0 t76 hesitation Help!

Ive been dealing with this plaguing hesitation under load even when i rev the motor. It feels as if it is cutting out. Its been giving me a headache for weeks, i did a wot run in 3rd gear and the car hits 9psi and stutters throughout the rpm range under load. The car starts on the first turn and idles fine no valve train noise. Ive searched so many threads from fuel, valve float, spark and turbo problems i just need some dire help before i just take it somewhere. Ive noticed there are some fuel on the driver side plugs and are fouled out same with the other side but no fuel on them. When cold start the car has alittle faint smoke then goes away when warmed up. I put my hand over the oil fill and no blow by and has vacuum pulling down on my hand. The car drove fine for about a week no hesitation hit boost and was smooth throughout the power band. The car does not overheat at all ive been letting the car get to operating temps before i drive it. This is not my daily and doesn't get driven very much at all well not at all now. Here's some info on the car.
01 ss camaro
Ls2 Corvette Rotating Assembly
Polished Crank, Rods & Pistons
New Rings, Main, Rod, Cam Bearings
Cylinders has been honed to .003 clearance to the pistons
Ls6 Oil Pump
10,000Rpm CAT Racing Lifters
Ls2 Lifter treys
Timing Chain/Gear
200,000psi Head Studs
Cnc Ported 68cc 317 Heads
3 Angle Performance Valve Job
New .660 Lift Dual Valve Springs, Lock, Retainers
New Valve Seals
GM MLS 6.0 Head Gaskets
Custom Comp Turbo Spec Cam
LS6 Intake
LS2 Chain
Modular turbo Alt Bracket
New Cam/Crank Sensors
TR Hardened Pushrods
Mototron 60lb Injectors
Racetronix 255 Billet Pump
Racetronix Hot Kit w/ Ground Upgrade
Richmond 4.10 Gears
Spec 3+ Clutch Kit
Jegs Boost Guage
Master Power T76 q-Trim Turbo
Turbo blanket
catch can running to intake mani and to the driver side valve cover
filter oil cap
6.0 truck coils
Stock 6.0 Manifolds
Custom Front Mount Kit 3"
2.5" Crossovers
3" Inter cooler Piping
3.5" Off turbo to rear end
Turbowerx Race Series Scav Pump
Braided oil lines
JGS 54mm Blow off Valve
JGS 40mm Waste gate
the original owner had it tuned by rpm speed density.
Things ive done put truck coils on, new plugs br7ef .30 gap, wires, checked valve springs and push rods there is no valve train ticking, fuel filter, o2 sensors, cam and crank sensors. I need to get a longer hose so i can see the fuel pressure under-load i've only been able to check it from under hood and its at 56psi, i know that doesn't help me figure out my problem. I know i need to do a leak down test but i have to remove the turbo turn the crank no room to get to the bolt. I just want to see if there's anything i can rule out. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Wouldnt happen to be an arctic white ss would it? If so, sounds like my old car. One thing you might check is the iat sensor, I would have to put teflon on it every so ofter cause it would cause a slight vacuum leak and cause some problems.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:46 AM
Teching In

Yes it is! Man its been through a lot since you had it.I picked it from a friend that blew the motor lol. I found a bad ground and it helped out a lot changed andChecked the plugs and they look good for once. Now a coupler ripped on the Bov so I replaced that and it started to stutter again. I will check that iat sensor tomorrow. Oh the joys of boost.

Quick Reply: SS 6.0 t76 hesitation Help!