Sponsored by:

Someone convert my iac desired G/S to counts

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 02:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Someone convert my iac desired G/S to counts

Can someone give me some sort of formula to convert my IAC G/S to IAC counts

My PID for iac counts does not work, but i can see my IAC desired airflow in G/S. mine is currently in the low 500 g/s at cold start and mid 400 g/s fully warm.... Granted my idle is set too high in closed loop (1075) but that will be fixed by my tuner next week. I am just curious to see what my counts are and whether my tuner has room to just command a lower idle or if the TB blade closed position or hole needs to be changed.

Heck is someone has a fully detailed working PID for iac counts (in a 99 transam) please post the full PID specs thanks!!!!!

PS i tried searching searching and came up with nothing!!!!!!!
I am using scanning software on my friends laptop to check. it has the enhanced gm pids but the iac counts doesnt work.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

500 g/s idle airflow is not plausible. The TOTAL airflow limit for your PCM is 512 g/s, so idling at 98% capacity doesn't work out. It's very likely that the scaling or display on the PID you are watching is incorrect and giving you bad data.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by turbolx
500 g/s idle airflow is not plausible. The TOTAL airflow limit for your PCM is 512 g/s, so idling at 98% capacity doesn't work out. It's very likely that the scaling or display on the PID you are watching is incorrect and giving you bad data.

ok i cannot say they are correct numbers, they are just what i can see.
I do recall seeing my MAF g/s in the low teens at hot idle....... so obviously the maf G/S is not same as IAC g/s

can someone give me detailed PID info for the IAC then so i can add the correct formula pid/s in manually?

Quick Reply: Someone convert my iac desired G/S to counts