Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help diagnosing my tune issues, logs and file attached

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help diagnosing my tune issues, logs and file attached

I am having some cold start and warm start problems with my 2000 SS. The car has a 408 with TFS 225 heads and a big cam(255/264) with the normal supporting mods and a 4l80e with a Yank 3800 stall. The car is very cold natured on intial start and any throttle at all with cause the car to stall. It also has the same symptoms on a warm start but for a much shorter period of time. The car has a speed density tune done by ECS. The attached scan is of a cold start and with about one mintue of run time. I also attached a copy of tune if that would help diagnose the problem. I can take a scan of any other situation if needed.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
ecstunemod.hpt (461.7 KB, 75 views)
File Type: hpl
coldstart.hpl (40.1 KB, 101 views)
Old 09-12-2012, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the car ever start to run right in that log? The reason I ask is right at the end you can see it must go into closed loop. Your STFT starts climbing pretty quick, then you shut it down. I am wondering if your problem goes away once it adds more fuel. Without the wideband readings it difficult to see if you are actually lean. But from what you describe above it seems that once adaptive fuel controls take over the car runs fine.

For the record I am an amateur tuner but long time mechanic so I will let the experts help you I was just spit balling.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you email me or post up a longer scan....

IMO there are several things that dont look right just off hand air flow tables and why is most of your DTC's set to no error reported .... Some of those need to show an error!

Carlspencesfe@gmail.com
Old 09-13-2012, 08:01 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you spoken with ECS?

Quick Reply: Need some help diagnosing my tune issues, logs and file attached