Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to tuning please help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to tuning please help...

Ok this is the first time i have ever tuned a car. Also i got a diablosport predator.... I will be getting it tomorrow and just wanted to know the basics of it and also had some questions.

Some might be stupid though.

When i get my diablosport predator tomorrow can i use it right out of the box? Or do i have to purchase points to get my vin number in and tune the ecm?
Also are there customs tunes i can download and improve my performance?
I want to use this tuner to get the maximum power out of my car and well the mods i have on it right now are: longtubes, TSP ORY pipe, slp loudmouth, lid, ftra and 3.73 gearing. The car is an auto.

I got this to delete the rear o2s, to calibrate the speedometer, and for power adding.

Are there customs tunes that are made specically for a bolt on ls1 like mine? Like with the timing and fuel? I want to learn how to mess with the timing and fuel...
Old 09-12-2012, 12:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not trying to hurt your feelings here, but if you really want to learn to mess with the timing and fuel to get the most out of the car, you should have got HP Tuners or EFI Live. You can 10 times as much with either program than you can with the tuner you have.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a bolt-on car like yours, you can use the Predator to improve performance. You will need to get it on a dyno with a wideband to do that... You can start with the performance tune that comes in the Predator and see what timing and AFR that gives you. Using the dyno torque/power readings, and the timing/AFR readings, make small changes to see what gives you the optimum torque/power... Before even starting, you need to read your manual and learn how to use the Predator for fueling and timing changes (sounds like you don't have that down yet)...

When you move up to a cam or heads/cam, you will really need to move up to a more robust software for tuning like said above...
Old 09-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh okay... Yeah ill be getting it today so ill make sure to read it. And so there are customs tunes that people have done so you can download them and try it out? And just wondering if i am able to delete the rear o2s using it?

Quick Reply: New to tuning please help...