PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring issues or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 04:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring issues or something else?

Ok guys I have a 2001 trans am. I am having trouble with the new engine install. Last time I had the car together I had no issues of this kind. The only thing different from last time is that I relocated the coils to the underside of the cowl. My problem is that my tach is not working and when I start the car one time it will start right up and idle fine, the next time I try and start it it acts like the timing is way out it acts like it is advanced a ton and wont start. Or it wont even try and start at all. The only sensor that i did not replace is the crank sensor. The cam sensor is in the timing cover since I am using the lsx block. I did switch the two wires around for the cam sensor. And it was like this the last time I had the car running with no issues. Any ideas? Or help would be appreciated.

I am thinking crank sensor. Or maybe lack of ground.

Do I need to run a ground cable from the coil packs to the chassis or engine since I relocated.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just curious if youve undone the grounds on the back of the driverside cylinder head and didnt put em back on, or tighten em down all the way?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup got them on and tight. I had the harness on before i lowered the car down over the motor.

Quick Reply: wiring issues or something else?