Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU and Harness question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU and Harness question

I have a 99 Camaro that was originally and automatic. The car has a 6 speed swap. When the person did it they did not do anything for the reverse lock out on the trans.

I recently acquired a 98 Camaro that has some mods and a 6 speed. I am going to take the 98 motor and trans and put them in my car.

My question is: What ECU should I use?

I talked to the person who tuned the 98 and he said he will swap the tune over for what I feel is a fair fee. I know the 99 ECU's are better, but is it worth repinning the 98 harness to use when I have someone interested in buying the 99 motor, harness and ecu? I don't want to use the harness from the 99 as it's for an auto trans.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have to stay with what the body of the car is, in your case the 98 engine is going into a 99 body. you can swap the few sensors ont he 98 motor to make them work with the 99 pcm, Temp sensor, oil press sensor. you can take the reverse lock out of the 98 harness and add it into your 99 harness if you like, or get a pigtail for the reverselock out and add it that way you can sell the harness for a few bucks.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the sensors aren't the same?

Quick Reply: ECU and Harness question