Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

short block swap no start

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default short block swap no start

long story short i had a fully modified and tuned 5.7 in my car. with huge cam and all supporting mods. spun rod bearing.

swapped in a "good" 5.7 short block with internals from a friends corvette when he upgraded to 6.0. i know the reluctor wheel is same. put all my stuff on it and put it back in the car. Now it wont start. it turns over. sometimes sputters for a second. fuel pressure is good. im guessing spark is good to since it will sputter for a second.

I have loaded up the 2002 camaro stock tune from holden crazy. i have vats turned off. i turned off mil processing for 02 sensor 2's since they are gone. my cats are gone. turned off all egr stuff and evap since thats all gone. air pump off too.

this setup is bone stock. the cam gear and chain where still on car so im assuming timing is still good. i have had this short block for a year before i just now put it in. havent talked to the friend since back then. im hoping it really is good. any ideas what to check for?

only dtc being thrown is 1639 5v ref. but i tuned out the fuel pressure processor since thats one of them that shares it.

also there is a single wire behind the head with an eyelet that is tan/orange color HOT that is not hooked up to anything. i cant for life of me remember where this goes.

any ideas what to check for? i hate to pull this engine again. just spent two days pulling the other and swapping blocks.

stock cam, stock everything except i left my double valve springs on the heads i put on and 7.4 pushrods. i have no problem pulling them and putting stock back on. i just wanted to get engine in and running. also using 80mm bbk tb and ls6 intake and a zo6 larger 5 wire maf

Quick Reply: short block swap no start