PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Diablosport Predator/Intune and custom tunes.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about Diablosport Predator/Intune and custom tunes.

It seem the only way you can clear codes is to use a custom tune. My delimna is that my care is already customly tuned to my satisfaction with HP tuners although this was done years ago. Basically I'm looking for something that I could "tweak" the current tune, read/remove codes, and check air to fuel, O2 switching, etc.

Will Intune or the older Predator do this?

Thanks, this is for a 2002 cam only Firebird.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

My car is flashed with a tune from hp tuners as well. I like my diablo and would love to be able to use it to pull timing from the flashed in tune.

I beleive that once you plug the diablo in it will assume what ever tune is in the computer is stock.

I'd like to do the same to pull timing for nitrous on my 02 z28. The diablo guys are helpful and quick to answer and will prob find this shortly.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

So Diablo guys. Is flattusmaximus78 correct?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes he is. When the InTune reads the current tune it will save it as the original tune. You could then send that tune to a CMR dealer/tuning center and they could tunr off the codes for you. Call us if you have any other questions and I can help you out.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by heavy6.0
Yes he is. When the InTune reads the current tune it will save it as the original tune. You could then send that tune to a CMR dealer/tuning center and they could tunr off the codes for you. Call us if you have any other questions and I can help you out.
So with InTune I would not be able to turn off the codes myself? I ask because I am currently throwing a sporadic code for my O2's not heating up quick enough. Likely due to my long tubes being old, possibly leaking a bit, and not retaining enought heat. Car drives fine but I'd like to delete this code for emission purposes. Also would like to take a look at air/fuel, O2 switching, and such if it would do this.

Will the Predator allow me to delete and turn off a code?
Old 11-03-2012, 02:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No, to disable the codes youd need to email the file to a cmr tuner who could do it for you.

In regards to the question about pulling timing from an existing tune using just the intune itself, yes, that can be done.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport

In regards to the question about pulling timing from an existing tune using just the intune itself, yes, that can be done.

Thanks
How easy and how reversible would this be? Can you pull a specific amount in degress or is it percentages of total?

I have a cammed/nitrous car. The tune is spot on for NA but I would like to be able to pull timing for nitrous when needed and then go back to the current tune when leaving the track.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

the timing adjustment is in degrees, not percentage....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TOslowTA
How easy and how reversible would this be? Can you pull a specific amount in degress or is it percentages of total?

I have a cammed/nitrous car. The tune is spot on for NA but I would like to be able to pull timing for nitrous when needed and then go back to the current tune when leaving the track.
its super easy, and since it will be saving your current tune as the 'backup file', all you have to do is restore the backup file to the vehicle to undo the changes made with the inTune.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the detailed answers guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about Diablosport Predator/Intune and custom tunes.