PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FROST Tune Contact #

Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default FROST Tune Contact #

Does anyone know Steve's Phone Number???
Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I emailed him and never got a response, guess my money is going elsewhere
Old 11-15-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was planning on hitting up Frost as well, does anybody have experience with http://www.hitechtuning.com/ ?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

^Personally I don't, But Ed is the man he knows his ****
Old 11-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

That service of getting tunes via email sounds amazing.

They don't list the price tho, but it would make buying HPTuners worth it. Just get a base tune from Ed and then adjust as needed or work with Ed to get adjustments made with street tuning.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Download the work sheet fill it out and send him your PCM and Paypal the money you will get it back in a week.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
That service of getting tunes via email sounds amazing.

They don't list the price tho, but it would make buying HPTuners worth it. Just get a base tune from Ed and then adjust as needed or work with Ed to get adjustments made with street tuning.
Exactly! I had my car Dyno tuned but it still ran like crap so I bought HP Tuners thinking I could just make small modifications to the tune done at the Dyno shop to get a little better driveability.

Once I pulled my tune and was able to look at it in HP Tuners and share it on the HP Tuners forum, turns out the guy completely botched the tune (even had one fan turning on at 190 degrees and turning off at 212 degress, WTF!)

So now I'm thinking of going this route with Ed, then I can compare what he did to the stock tune to help learn the tuning software while I watch the banish videos and read lots of books!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by transamtom
Download the work sheet fill it out and send him your PCM and Paypal the money you will get it back in a week.
This

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
Does anyone know Steve's Phone Number???
When Steve started he did but then people thought it was a 24 hour free tech line for tuning. So now to get his work done he does not pass it out and prefers email contact.

If everyone would think. Steve is just a one man operation. He does all emails(well over 60-70 a day). All email tunes. All mail order tunes and all dyno tuning.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

I got a hold of him. I had a unique issue, and it was solved. But you are right, the answers are right on the website.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by etcts-v
I was planning on hitting up Frost as well, does anybody have experience with http://www.hitechtuning.com/ ?
Yep sure do. Ed is a sponsor on here and has tuned my GTO multiple times. He has been regarded as one of the top LS tuners around by many so that's why I chose him. (and luckily for me he's local). His work is great and he will take the time to make sure your tune is where it should be. The first time he tuned the car he let me ride along and explained what he was doing during the street tune (pretty cool guy). Being one of the best, he is usually very busy so I recommend you contact him early.

-Ken
Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

tuned by frost is who I used and for a mail order tune and a frankenstein motor, his tune is the ****. I havent had a street tune yet but its a very stable tune. My mods are

lq9 4.030
l92 heads
02-04 ls6 cam
ls3 intake w/ injectors
Old 11-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by etcts-v
We offer a tuning file service, where we send out calibration files via the internet. As long as the recipient has tuning software, we can send tunes, receive data logs for review, and help get the vehicle running very well. This is a big seller for us.
I see they can send you tune files via email...funny, I mentioned that 3 years ago and told it was the dumbest idea ever (not by these people). I've had words with frost not only about this but his services. He couldn't understand one simple thing I wanted so I went somewhere else. I asked if he could read a tuned 2001 PCM and send me the bin file in HP Tuners format so I could manually transfer it to a 2002 PCM. (Because I have the old, no longer supported hp tuners only for 2002.)

I woudn't just send anything to someone and expect to get it back.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
I see they can send you tune files via email...funny, I mentioned that 3 years ago and told it was the dumbest idea ever (not by these people). I've had words with frost not only about this but his services. He couldn't understand one simple thing I wanted so I went somewhere else. I asked if he could read a tuned 2001 PCM and send me the bin file in HP Tuners format so I could manually transfer it to a 2002 PCM. (Because I have the old, no longer supported hp tuners only for 2002.)

I woudn't just send anything to someone and expect to get it back.
Why not?

Steves a real stand up guy,see my thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...ams-frost.html
Old 11-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by transamtom
Why not?

Steves a real stand up guy,see my thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...ams-frost.html
I wouldn't send anything to someone can't answer a phone or email.
If he's a real stand up guy he should stand up and let people know why no ones been able to get ahold of him. If he's busy- fine, if he gets too many dumb emails--weed through them. I guess business is boomng and he doesn't need any more customers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FROST Tune Contact #