Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto tune with manual trans. What to delete

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto tune with manual trans. What to delete

I have a 2004 lq4 mated to a T56 in a 1971 El Camino. The PCM that I have is set up for an automatic transmission. I contacted HPTuners and they said that they weren't able to do a segment swap. So short of loading a new tune and paying to licenses it, is there any other way to get a manual tune. If not is there anything else that I need to do to my current tune to make it run right with a manual. I disabled all the DTC's for the tranny but wants sure if I got everything.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
SDStarter4.hpt (565.8 KB, 212 views)
Old 11-22-2012, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Disable all DTC's, hook the Vss and adjust it under speedo calibration and you will be fine. As long as the PCM sees vehicle speed you won't have any issues.
Even with no Vss it can work good, I have tuned several cars with automatic OS and no Vss for TH350/400 and no problems
Old 11-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
Disable all DTC's, hook the Vss and adjust it under speedo calibration and you will be fine. As long as the PCM sees vehicle speed you won't have any issues.
Even with no Vss it can work good, I have tuned several cars with automatic OS and no Vss for TH350/400 and no problems
Yeah I think I got all the DTC's disabled. Atleast all the ones that I was for sure were tranny stuff. I have my VSS hooked up and working. I've been have issues with rolling stops where my idle goes do to about 250 RPM's then revs back up to around 600 RPM's. It does that about 3 times before it smooths out. Was thinking that it might be related to the auto trans stuff but maybe I just have other issues.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 AM
10 Second Club

I opened your tune and it is a manual OS. What did you do to it, wasn't an automatic file?
Old 11-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Teching In

I opened your tune and it is a manual OS. What did you do to it, wasn't an automatic file?
It is still an auto file. I just clicked the manual option in the drop down list under trans type. It still has all the auto stuff in the file I just tried to disable a everything that looked to me like it was related to the auto tune. I Have compared it to a corvette file with a manual and the trans stuff is quite a bit different. That's why i was asking if I had gotten everything that could be disabled turn off.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

I'm at the office, let me look for a compatible manual file when I get home. I may have one in my archives
Old 11-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Teching In

I'm at the office, let me look for a compatible manual file when I get home. I may have one in my archives
Alright, thanks

Quick Reply: Auto tune with manual trans. What to delete