Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS3 CAM + HP TUNER Help

Old 11-27-2012, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS3 CAM + HP TUNER Help

Hey everyone,
I just signed on to LS1 Tech about an hour ago so I'm trying it out for the first
I got my 2001 Camaro Z28 (On my profile) about 3 weeks ago. It has an MS3 CAM along with full exhaust and an SLP lid. The seller gave me an HP Tuner along with the purchase. Let's just say I'm a newbie to tuning.. I tried a tune that I downloaded from HP's repository that was meant for a T-REX cam (Just to see how close they were). It had a decent bottom end, but the top end ran like my old mustang, or like a dog So, back to the stock tune i went and it ran pretty good again. I have looked up a lot of tutorials on HP's website, but they aren't helping that much. Anyone have experience with that kind of software? Also, what should those bolt-on's be putting me up to power-wise?

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should be around 400whp with that cam if you have supporting Mods like headers and exhaust...as far as tuning goes you will get better responses from the tuning gurus in the tuning forum on this site...
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a lot of good information out there (both LS1Tech and HPTuners forums), but it is hard to make up for experience. If you dont know what you are doing, it can be extremely easy to mess something up. There are a few different tuning schools out there that would definitely be worth the coin, even if you only plan on tuning your own vehicles.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MS3 CAM + HP TUNER Help