PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

“Service Active handling” & other DIC Codes after headers/manifold/tune??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default “Service Active handling” & other DIC Codes after headers/manifold/tune??

This is my first endeavor into modifying my ’00 FRC (other than VaraRam & cat-back), and now I’m having a few problems that I could greatly use some help with.

Overview:
I just installed my long tube cat-less XS Power headers, LS6 manifold, & had the car street tuned by a local tuner using HP Tuners with wideband. I did the install over about a week having the battery disconnected the whole time. During the install I removed the AIR tubes (covering the header openings), as well as the rear O2 sensors. I left the AIR pump in the car (what fuse needs to be removed so that it does not come on? Or can it be turned off by tuning?). When the tuner came to the house he set up his things and put what he called a base tune in turning off the rear o2 sensors. We had to use a jumper box to get the car started the first time, I assume due to sitting for almost 3 weeks. During the tuning process (about 1.5 hrs) he had me drive the car at different RPM while he adjusted the tune periodically. During this process we did a few 3rd gear hard runs where the “Service Active Handling” message & light came on & would not go away until car was shut off and re started. Now I have done a few more hard pulls where the same thing happens close to the top of third gear. Does anyone have a clue as to what is happening?

Here are the codes that are coming up:
28-TCS C1282 H
99-HVAC b0441 HC
BO-RFAU U1064 H
BO-RFAU U1064 H
BO-RFAU U1016 H

Thank you for any help,
L. Nelson
Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NelsonLt1
This is my first endeavor into modifying my ’00 FRC (other than VaraRam & cat-back), and now I’m having a few problems that I could greatly use some help with.

Overview:
I just installed my long tube cat-less XS Power headers, LS6 manifold, & had the car street tuned by a local tuner using HP Tuners with wideband. I did the install over about a week having the battery disconnected the whole time. During the install I removed the AIR tubes (covering the header openings), as well as the rear O2 sensors. I left the AIR pump in the car (what fuse needs to be removed so that it does not come on? Or can it be turned off by tuning?). When the tuner came to the house he set up his things and put what he called a base tune in turning off the rear o2 sensors. We had to use a jumper box to get the car started the first time, I assume due to sitting for almost 3 weeks. During the tuning process (about 1.5 hrs) he had me drive the car at different RPM while he adjusted the tune periodically. During this process we did a few 3rd gear hard runs where the “Service Active Handling” message & light came on & would not go away until car was shut off and re started. Now I have done a few more hard pulls where the same thing happens close to the top of third gear. Does anyone have a clue as to what is happening?

Here are the codes that are coming up:
28-TCS C1282 H
99-HVAC b0441 HC
BO-RFAU U1064 H
BO-RFAU U1064 H
BO-RFAU U1016 H

Thank you for any help,
L. Nelson
Ahh, yes our wonderful "service active handling". The C1282 code is your YAW sensor malfunctioning. The "H" at the end of any code stands for "History". meaning it didnt happen during the recent driving cycle. It either needs to have the connections cleaned or will need to be replaced. gmpartsdirect.com should have it priced saw well as anywhere. B0441 indicates your left HVAC actuator is out of range. I have no idea on that one. U1016 & U1064 is normal software function ignition cycling.

If you'll shoot me a PM with your email address, I'll shoot you a copy of all the codes. It's a necessary tool for any C5 or C6.

Last edited by 427zm; 01-09-2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply. Why would all of this happen now, coincidence? Or is it related to something I was working on, low battery, or the tune?

Thanks,
Luke
Old 01-10-2013, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is likely wiring or the sensor is going bad.

The yaw rate bias is greater than 7 degrees/second.
The yaw rate input change is greater than 390 degrees/second/second.
The yaw rate input voltage is less than 0.15 volts or greater than 4.85 volts for 1 second.
The yaw rate error is greater than 10 degrees/second 30 times within a drive cycle.
The yaw rate error is greater than 10 degrees/second for 5 seconds. Under this condition, this DTC will set along with DTC C1281.
The yaw rate error is greater than 10 degrees/second with the vehicle speed less than 60 km/h (37 mph) and the acceleration pedal is pressed more than 25 percent of the pedal travel range for 1 second during the VSES activation. Under this condition, this DTC will set along with DTC C1281.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The EBCM disables the VSES for the duration of the ignition cycle.
The Traction Control and Active Handling indicator turns ON.
The DIC displays the Service Active Handling message.
The ABS remains functional.

Quick Reply: “Service Active handling” & other DIC Codes after headers/manifold/tune??