Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD6010/MS1, MS3.57, or MS3x

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSD6010/MS1, MS3.57, or MS3x

Wanted to do a budget Turbo 5.3.. I've used factory pcm before when I did the swap on my ECU.. only problem I ran into is that I have to pay for every change I do with my car (hptuners) and take it to the dyno -- yes I realize I could buy the software and do a lot of it myself, but that route isn't cheap either.

I've really wanted to try Megasquirt for a while, there are documented builds such and Denmah using the MSD6010box for timing and MS1 for fuel - really easy to wire and get going.

But now MS has the ability to run factory LSx coils, but the pricing goes up as well. I don't mind wiring or schematics, but what I'm worried about is ease of use and getting everything setup.

Has anyone used any of these setups? pros/cons?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a MS3x that I purchased from someone local to me that was running it on his car, seeing it in person made me feel like I was able to do it. Plus he sold me his harness so I dont have to worry about me screwing something up. I know for ease I would think that MS1 and MSD route would be the easiest as it comes with a harness, you just need the injectors and temp, idle and TPS for the MS unit and Denmah is great and will email you tunes to get started. I like everything being in one box so thats another reason I went with MS3. The MS3pro looks neat and once I get my LS going I have a gen 3 hemi I will use 3pro on

Quick Reply: MSD6010/MS1, MS3.57, or MS3x