Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 T/A with 99 harness with 02 pcm swap problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 T/A with 99 harness with 02 pcm swap problems

so i bought what i was told was a 98 harness on here but after further investigation it looks like its a 99+ since it has the 2 wire pressure gauge and it only has 2 10 pin connectors that go into the car next to the kick pannel. Am i correct or could this still be a 98 harness. I already bought an 02 pcm and was wondering is using a 99 harness any different than using a 98 repinned harness?

Also what other problems will i have other than the fuel gauge some people have stated the fuel tank will need to be switched?

i have tried searching but i could not find one talking about using a 99 + harness in a 98 it only talked about using a 98 repinned harness

Thanks guys im itching to finish my bird
Old 01-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The differace in the fuel gauge is that 98 had the sensor directly from the fuel gauge, the 99 and newer had the fuel sensor go to the PCM and the PCM run the fuel gauge. To get this to work on the F body tune you need to swap the van fuel segment into the tune.
You will also need to add a wire to the harness for the coolant sensor and change the plug. The 98 PCM's used a coolant temperature sensor with 2 outputs, 1 for the PCM and the other to directly run the gauge

Quick Reply: 98 T/A with 99 harness with 02 pcm swap problems