Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advice on live data obd2 scan tool purchase for diag. and tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I'm about to buy a Launch Creader V for about $75, BUT I have no idea if anyone has anything good to say about this tool. Basically I just need a scan tool not to clear codes per say, but to look at and learn more about 02 sensor live data as well as mass air flow, etc., I've searched here for scan tool and of course I do not wan to get into $250 tuning software although I would love to be able to tune my Ls1 for its mods since it does have a stock tune although I'm not sure of that. (Previous owner might have used a Predator)

I'm just looking for a tool I can plug in and look at as much LIVE data that I can get to determine how good my 02 sensors are doing as well as too see if my cats are starting to go bad. (I live in Massachusetts so the emmisions tests here are brutal)

I'm also trying to figure out if the stock tune is still in my pcm or has the previous owner gone in there and messed with it.
Any advice on what I can get if anything for around $80??????????

No one has anything good to say about any decent obd scan tools? I just want to know if they are a waste of time for simply wanting to view live engine parameters. I just need to see water temp, 02 sensor flipping, mass air flow.....that sorta thing. CReader 5 looks aiight

Quick Reply: advice on live data obd2 scan tool purchase for diag. and tune