Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 02:11 AM
Suspended Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting problems

i have 2 2000 camaro ss and in have switched the computer from one to the other because of the tuning i have had done. now the car wont start. it will crank but it will not recieve fuel. fuel pump doent prime. when i switch the stock pcm back it work fine but the tunning is no good for the car. is it the key or the bcm. i have the matching bcm from the other car that i can switch in to match the pcm if that will work. i have already done a search for this topic but i still am not clear. or can i just disable the vats and have it work fine. there is about $600 worth of ed wright tunning on this computer so i really dont want to have it flashed if it isnt nessecary.

thanks
brad
Old 04-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Suspended Sponsor Account

I guess what we need to know is, if you change the key "chip", the BCM and the PCM so they all match will this by pass the VATS?
Old 04-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

When I switched BCM's in my car, the car wouldn't even try to start at all. When I put the old one back in, the car started up fine. If you have a different BCM, I wonder why it's even trying to start at all. It shouldn't do anything--at least mine didn't. As for replacing the chip in the key, I'm too new at this to answer that. Sounds plausible. All I know is switching the BCM's causes the car not to start Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

hptuners can disable the PWM vats to off.

It's not like its a brilliant form of protecting your car. Flatbeds don't really care about VATS when they steal your shiz.

some day it will let you down (like stalling staging, lol)