Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley EFI use with stock gauges

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauge question

Sorry to revive a dead thread but I have a question on this ecu.

Im doing an ls1 swap into an 87 iroc. I want to retain my stock gauges. Mine are old style 0-5v gauges. I also want to use reverse lockout.

Can I use the HP to run my Tach, oil pres, and coolant temp? I have been playing around in the software and it looks like I can just curious if anyone has a dead answer before I spend tge coin.

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dalemllns
Sorry to revive a dead thread but I have a question on this ecu.

Im doing an ls1 swap into an 87 iroc. I want to retain my stock gauges. Mine are old style 0-5v gauges. I also want to use reverse lockout.

Can I use the HP to run my Tach, oil pres, and coolant temp? I have been playing around in the software and it looks like I can just curious if anyone has a dead answer before I spend tge coin.

Thanks for the help.
Tach is doable but may need a converter if you are running it from the tach output in the Holley.

For oil and coolant temp, you can either splice in to the harness and share the sensor or double up on sensors (one for the Holley ECU and one for your gauge).

This only works with the older mechanical clusters. The newer one wire clusters will not work.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:25 PM
9 Second Club

I am actually in the final process of installing Holley HP on my 2000 TA. I will not be

retaining the stock gauges. I used all autometer. My question is, what pin out do I need

to use to hook that tach into, and do I need any kind of converter for that to work? I

am assuming that oil, water, and volt can all be done by splicing into the harness?

Thanks
Old 08-15-2014, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by QucikSilver
I am actually in the final process of installing Holley HP on my 2000 TA. I will not be

retaining the stock gauges. I used all autometer. My question is, what pin out do I need

to use to hook that tach into, and do I need any kind of converter for that to work? I

am assuming that oil, water, and volt can all be done by splicing into the harness?

Thanks
An Autometer tach should work when you plug it into the tach output on the Holley without any converter in line.

Yes, you would need to splice into the Holley harness to share the signal wire to your gauges. You want to use the 5v power to the sensor from the Holley.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LosLS2,
Is the new touch screen unit out yet ?
Any pics from the proto type ?
Old 08-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

No pictures and it's not available yet. Also the tach output is location a28
Old 08-18-2014, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

holley has the touchscreen for the holley
Old 08-19-2014, 05:39 AM
Staging Lane

I was replying to nitromm. The new screen has not been released. I spoke to Doug at beech bend Saturday night about it and a few other things.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dj94gt
I was replying to nitromm. The new screen has not been released. I spoke to Doug at beech bend Saturday night about it and a few other things.
Thanks,
I'm at the point ... ready to purchase. Ill wait and see what it looks like etc.
Id hate to buy the old version this week only to kick myself in the *** next week.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

waiting to see if the new Holley display is going to be a alternative to the race pak.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

New touch screen photos not yet available but it will likely be in Doug's car for Drag Week. So anyone going to that should be able to see it. They will release photos afterwards. I wont tell the exact dimensions but it is rectangular in shape and the gauges will be very configurable. No tuning capabilities in this thing, initially atleast. It will be thinner and have almost no bezel as compared to the current touchscreen.

THIS IS THE OLD ONE MOUNTED IN MY DASH for those that haven't seen it before.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anything yet ?
Old 08-29-2014, 02:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mike13
waiting to see if the new Holley display is going to be a alternative to the race pak.
Alternative- yes. Similar in looks - no.

I'm in the same boat as Los. Size is nice but I'm not sold on the look from what I've been told. Doug will have it on drag week as of our conversation 2 weeks ago.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LosLS2
New touch screen photos not yet available but it will likely be in Doug's car for Drag Week. So anyone going to that should be able to see it. They will release photos afterwards. I wont tell the exact dimensions but it is rectangular in shape and the gauges will be very configurable. No tuning capabilities in this thing, initially atleast. It will be thinner and have almost no bezel as compared to the current touchscreen.

THIS IS THE OLD ONE MOUNTED IN MY DASH for those that haven't seen it before.
In your estimation, can the new touch screen mount in that space. Maybe move it closer to the steering wheel for clearance ? I'm hoping to do exactly what you have in the pic. ( using the 106 new version).
Old 01-11-2015, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have no stock ECU and all my factory gauges work... perks to LS swapping a LT1 car. our gauges work differently. but i think you guys can use a 97 cluster and it will work.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZeeTwentyFate
i have no stock ECU and all my factory gauges work... perks to LS swapping a LT1 car. our gauges work differently. but i think you guys can use a 97 cluster and it will work.

I'm swapping a lq4 into a 94', will my factory gauges be able to work fine with the Holley efi?

Quick Reply: Holley EFI use with stock gauges