Sponsored by:

P2135 Code

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 01:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P2135 Code

Respected Forum members,
A few days ago I get a "Reduced Engine Power" light and the vehicle goes into limp mode. After an hour or so, I turn it on and its normal but shows a "P2135 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor 1-2 Correlation".
This is the first time it happens but the weird thing is everything is new since the 427 motor swap. It has an X-Link module to run the Nick Williams 102mm Drive By wire and a FAST 102mm intake.
Everything has less than 2000 miles on it so I don't believe the throttle body has a problem but who knows?. Any recommendations on what I should go through before acquiring parts I don't need.
The only other code showing was a knock sensor which was showing for over a month and haven't caused any problems

Thanks for all input.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:16 AM

pull the tps, grab a meter and ohm it. look for big spikes, or "ol" in the reading as you slowly rotate it through the range. usually shows at/near idle. i've had tps units not last 2 months, more than once..... if that checks, ohm the circuits for the tps connecting from the tps plug to the pcm. it helps if it's buzzing continuity, so you can hear it if you find a break wiggling the wires.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is basically saying that, the throttlebody "or your xlink output" is not matching the predefined rising and falling voltages on its chart inside the computer. So as a safety it shuts itself off thinking there is a failure.

If the MPC does not match the throttle pedal used, it could cause this, or if the tps signal really is bad it will cause it. Or if your Xlink is bad, it would cause this. Or a burnt wire would cause it, Or a bad pedal assembly sensor.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks a lot guys. Thank you very much Jes
Old 04-26-2013, 01:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have replaced the Accelerator pedal sensor and X Link and I'm getting a different code "engine reduced light" P1125. I don't get the code all the time, just sometimes and delete it instantly since I'd be on a highway. Don't want to spend $600 for a new throttle body and still have the same issue.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated

Last edited by sowaidi; 04-26-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Quick Reply: P2135 Code