Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad IAC??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Bad IAC??

Recently my car has been idling high and surging when in gear, especially coming to a stop itll be around 1500 rpm with my foot on the brakes. Ill be completely stopped for a few seconds and the rpms will drop to normal then fluctuate up and down. I have been reading IAC counts on my scan gauge and ill see anywhere from 0-50 or so when im stopped. If the car is in park and I let it idle, itll surge a little bit as well. I unplugged the IAC when the car was running and and it ran normal at idle parked but if I do it before I start the car the rpms will shoot up to 2500. I checked for any vacuum leaks and couldnt find any, but Ill look again.

Iv also done a tps and iac relearn and it didnt change anything. I just put on a ported stock tb from Potz (ebay) and it seems worse than when i had the stock throttle body on. would this make a difference?

Any thoughts on if this is a bad IAC or something else?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ported throttle body would do it. Have to set up idle ect. Also seen a ton of over ported TB's out there.All give hanging idle problems. Some times we can save them by adjusting the tune.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

just wanted to update this, I adjusted my tb and lowered the idle a little. The issue was still there after I did this, but i put new Iac and Tps in and it fixed it.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

So I thought I fixed it and its still happening. I swapped iac/tps and it was running fine for a little while then it happened again. I found a cracked pcv hose (from tb to valve cover) and replaced it. I disconnected the battery after doing so and it drove fine for 10-15 minutes then the next time I went to drive the car it started acting up again.

I bought a stock tb that will he here sometime this week and ill give that a try.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mjs1012
So I thought I fixed it and its still happening. I swapped iac/tps and it was running fine for a little while then it happened again. I found a cracked pcv hose (from tb to valve cover) and replaced it. I disconnected the battery after doing so and it drove fine for 10-15 minutes then the next time I went to drive the car it started acting up again.

I bought a stock tb that will he here sometime this week and ill give that a try.
Did this solve your problem?
Old 10-06-2013, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

No It didnt. Its funny, I actually put the ported tb back on a while ago and just adjusted the idle with hptuners and it fixed it.

Quick Reply: Bad IAC??