PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuner 2-bar SD - can you add MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default HP Tuner 2-bar SD - can you add MAF?

I have the HP Tuners 2 bar Speed Density op system and was curious if you could add the MAF back in to this to work when not in boost?

Can you run half MAF and half SD?
Old 03-30-2013, 03:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, most all Gen3 setups that I have done the MAF will not be referenced even if you try to force it to MAF only. Some OS's do some weird stuff when you do this however.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:29 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny...I inquired about this on the HP Tuners board since I have to get through emissions. I only got a single smart assed response like I should not have even thought about asking the question.

The HPT boards seem to be useless to everyone except for the senior tuners, nobody really helps at all and leaves you sorry for asking in the first place.

I should have gone with EFI Live..more functionality and the boards can't get any worse than the HPT.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

^+1 the factory pcm settings use a combination of SD and MAF under transien conditions(I.E. quick throttle responses or anything making whacky airflow measures past the MAF rendering it useless....) I am running SD ONLY.... with a complete PCM rewrite and I have had good results... anyway all this being said.... for my sake only because I havent tuned in awhile haha..... I would think you could write the PCM back to factory settings to utilize the MAF, but I may be wrong

if you can write the pcm so it uses the factory MAF combined with YOUR settings.... there are ways to control the pcm to use the MAF under only certain conditions, but I do not have my HPT file on handy to check

nvm if your already boosting HPT doesnt offer an OS with 2 bar MAP tables and MAF tables..
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 AM
FormerVendor

If you want MAF functionality with a 2bar or 3bar setup then EFILive is about the only way to go IMO. I'm pretty certain the MAF is still functional with COS5.

HPTuners hides the Map Scalers on stock OS's so that you cannot input different map sensor settings without the custom OS. Even if you could adjust them it wouldn't do you any good since the VE table is not scaleable. I really like the idea of keeping the MAF even on boosted cars since we now have the option of using a card style MAF in a large tube to keep MAF Freq levels lower. But a properly setup SD tune works very well for boost.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Correct... all the EFILive COS's allow the MAF to be used.

Quick Reply: HP Tuner 2-bar SD - can you add MAF?