Sponsored by:

LS1 VE Tuning first timer, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 VE Tuning first timer, need advice

This is all done on a 99 ls1 ta using HPTuners

Alright so I set up my scanner config to log the lambda and lambda error (in the histogram too) in order to start tuning my VE table. At first I had to adjust my formula on the config file for my lambda because when the NGK AFX box read 16 I was only getting a 1.07 lambda, so I figured up what voltage I was actually getting (less than 5v at 16 afr, dont remember exact value) and adjusted the formula to read 1.10 when it was reading 16afr on the box.

If someone can look through what I have set up and let me know if it looks right that would be great....I think I have extra stuff that isnt set up right like some histograms but I wasnt using them.

Now for the tuning part I setup a ve tune using information from the free ls1 tuning guide, and I also unplugged the MAF in order to ensure it was in sd mode. Did that in town by the bank and drove to the outskirts and set up the logger. (to ensure everything was warmed up)

The first log file I drove 10-12 miles slowing down then speeding up using different throttle positions in order to hit different loads at different rpms in overdrive then went down to third gear to get some higher rpm loads. Saved that log file as "Ve Tuning Log File 2".

I selected from 1.2-2.4 rpm columns down from the top down to the 95map (all the data that was logged). I took that opened up my tune that was on the car, selected the same columns and rows in my primary ve table and pasted special by %. Then I went into the secondary table and did the same thing.

After that I saved this tune as a separate one so I could go back if I messed something up. Applied the tune to the car, started it up, pulled out of the gas station and started to log in the same manner as before. "Ve Tuning Log File 3"

Now to me it doesnt seem like it changed the readings in the manner that I was hoping for, they almost seem off by more then when I first started. I know I only have tried this once (well like this I have actually tried it once before but dont think i was doing it right) but I want to make sure my methods were right before I got to involved with trying to tune it.

Let me know what you think, if I am doing this how I'm suppose to or if I am missing something. I have included both of the log files for viewing
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
Ve Tuning Log File 2.hpl (170.8 KB, 177 views)
File Type: hpl
Ve Tuning Log File 3.hpl (124.8 KB, 69 views)
Old 04-13-2013, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same thread going on hptuners, and my config/histogram files are located there since I couldn't upload here...and seeing as those files are important I figured I should include them.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...300#post320300

Quick Reply: LS1 VE Tuning first timer, need advice