PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new fix for PO102 (Low maf frequency)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new fix for PO102 (Low maf frequency)

I had previously posted my chronic issue with the PO102 and none of the following known fixes worked.

Replacing maf
vaccum leaks
Engine sensor fuse blown
fuel restriction
pcm faulty

We test the voltage to maf and it was correct at 4.9V. However here is where we were tripped up. The code was being thrown intermittantly during driving which suggests a wire or CONNECTION being loose. It was the freaking connection at the maf, power to be specific. Im talking about the little metal piece in the connector on the maf not the harness connector. We just straightened out and now the maf g/s actually increase with rpm now.

guess who
Old 04-22-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 02NBMZ
I had previously posted my chronic issue with the PO102 and none of the following known fixes worked.

Replacing maf
vaccum leaks
Engine sensor fuse blown
fuel restriction
pcm faulty

We test the voltage to maf and it was correct at 4.9V. However here is where we were tripped up. The code was being thrown intermittantly during driving which suggests a wire or CONNECTION being loose. It was the freaking connection at the maf, power to be specific. Im talking about the little metal piece in the connector on the maf not the harness connector. We just straightened out and now the maf g/s actually increase with rpm now.

guess who
Congrats on finding the root of the problem I service/repair cars for a living and I have seen so many examples of diagnostic nightmares such as yours, most people/customers will never understand a tricky problem can arise as the one you described and understand how sometimes it takes more than 1 try to find the problem. I get a lot of "you are trying to screw me types of replys" ) If you spend enough time diagnosing/repairing auto's you will see these from time to time. Glkad you stuck it out.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:13 PM
9 Second Club

I seem to be in the diagnosing business. LOL

I also worked at a dealer for 5 years. I have seen and had to figure out some pretty crazy stuff. LOL