Sponsored by:

LS! Edit

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exclamation LS! Edit

Hello Fellow peeps!

I had my car tuned last year around july, I am wondering Can anyone tune it or do I need to go back to the Shop that did the Inital LS1 Edit. I heard that there is a Serial for each edit done. " Per CAr". Basically I am not happy with the Shop that did my work. So If I goto another shop to have my car tuned for Wet Sys. Instead of Dry. Do I have to pay the 500.00 again?
Old 04-23-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone who has an unlimited version of ls1 edit can tune it (or anyone w/HP Tuners for your year and model)

As for the 500 ... depends on the shop that does the tuning
Old 04-23-2004, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snapps
Hello Fellow peeps!

I had my car tuned last year around july, I am wondering Can anyone tune it or do I need to go back to the Shop that did the Inital LS1 Edit. I heard that there is a Serial for each edit done. " Per CAr". Basically I am not happy with the Shop that did my work. So If I goto another shop to have my car tuned for Wet Sys. Instead of Dry. Do I have to pay the 500.00 again?
Where are you located???
Old 04-23-2004, 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bink
Where are you located???
I am located in Ft. Wayne, IN 46808.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by horist
Anyone who has an unlimited version of ls1 edit can tune it (or anyone w/HP Tuners for your year and model)

As for the 500 ... depends on the shop that does the tuning
Hey, I was running the 5177 Kit but I found that i was freezing out the MAF. So that is why i changed out. How are you doing as for that issue?
I was running a Jet size of .40 for both sides. which lead into my whisper Lid.

My numbers on the bottle where as follow: Best run on Dyno 437hp 514trwq. Nice pics. I was thinking of running my purge out the front also but i was worried about my paint job.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

where were you spraying the nitrous it? Side of airbox right? I never had an issue w/my MAF freezing... but the kit was only on the car for 1 season ... I Had it jetted for a 100 shot . Kit's going back on this year though, gotta give the stroker some more oxygen

As far as the paint job... I didn't notice any damage... I had the points of the purge extend just before the end of the nostrils... so the tubes didn't come in contact w/any paint nor did the spray ... and any nitrous that got sent back at the car due to wind was cooled enough at that point that I don't think there's anything to worry about.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

So where are you located Mike? I was observing you website. Nice work. And do you think the Anti-Police equipment was worth the money?
Old 04-30-2004, 11:12 AM
Launching!

Default Any tuners in the Northern VA area/ D.C?

I cant find anyone to tune my 98Z,as I am going to have heads and cam done here in a month or so and really dont want to go with a mail order tune. If so where are u located and what your fees, Thanx chris
Old 04-30-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

just drive from outta the styx to a real city and you'll find a tuner with a dyno facility...

hell buy hptuners and a wideband. and tune it out on the open range thar.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Snapps
So where are you located Mike? I was observing you website. Nice work. And do you think the Anti-Police equipment was worth the money?
Right now I'm located at my place of employment but usually im located in my house

oh wait...
I'm up in Northern Illinois

First .. my web site is mega old heh ... (if you went to the root) I haven't updated the main site in years... but the sig is up to date

Regarding the anti-police stuff... definetly not worth the money... the Radar Jammer broke the first winter (water got in the boxes and froze... ), the radar detector broke the second winter (I think the same thing happened)
The police scanner has come in handy before though...

The chameleon plate covers are nice... they get alot of attention at car shows, and I have done some things that I haven't been caught for because of them... so I'd say they're worth it.