PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you tune the VE by%

Old 04-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you tune the VE by%

Dont beat me up to bad here new to tuning was just wondering if you can adjust your fuel trims by adjusting the table by % or am I just waistng time even thinking that. Ls 1 stock accept for gears and lid TQM removed I take it to the track and sees little street use maybe 2000 miles a year my fuel trims are +7 just wondering if I could adjust % or is logging histograms the only way any help would be appreciated again dont beat me to bad its just a ?
Old 04-20-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fuel trim % is a reflection of your Maf curve and VE table calibrations. There's no other way to specifically "target" fuel trims other than by dialing in those curves/tables.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The fuel trims will be different at different RPM and Map values, so adding a % helps to make the tune safe to start tuning, but won't get you where you want to be.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You would only be able to do this while in Closed Loop (i.e. trimming to stoich)... any time commanded fuel leaves stoich then you can't do this.

Last edited by joecar; 04-26-2013 at 05:10 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Yes my question is I am new to tuning with hp I had a predator tuner before this when I did the log it would tell me to add 7 and add 1/2 to PE when I did that it took me right to -1 car ran great picked up like 3 tenths now I have HP I put the stock tune back in when I scan my car with HP its back to +7 was wondering if I could add 7% to VE table the car is stock thats the only reason I am wondering this if I would of changed something more I would do the whole log thing still might just wondering if this would get me close or a waist of time and I do have a wideband to monitor wot at the track is just not hooked up to HP yet still learning how to do that
Old 05-09-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can you reinstall the predator and read it with the HP tuners to see where the differences are?

This is what I would do. Start by tuning your VE table using fuel trims by disabling the MAF and DFCO. Once your LTFT are all close to zero after tuning your VE table, then re-enable MAF and log MAF Freq. Vs. LTFT. Use this to correct the MAF Freq. table. Then use the wideband to tune PE enrichment.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

You can log your fuel trims than copy and paste to your ve table to correct.
Check out this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ghlight=tuning

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can you tune the VE by%