Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air/fuel ratio questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Air/fuel ratio questions.

I had my car tuned a little over a year ago. Since then I've went from a 3" catback to a 4" single system and added a CHRS1313. Before it was just the stock WS6 base with the free ram air and the front open. I added a wideband not long ago and I noticed at WOT I'm going on the lower part of 12s and sometimes high 11s. Occasionally it'll work its way toward the higher end of 12s but usually will spike 11s and hold bottom 12s when I go wot. Its really hard to watch alot because the car spins so much with street tires but since I'm running somewhat rich am I leaving any power on the table? Its the T/A in my sig.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes you are leaving power on the table. Car should be dyno tuned again.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. Best power is actually up in the 13's but it's unsafe with the amount of heat created. Ever hear the old racer's saying of "it was running best it ever has right up until it blew up"? You have to get somewhere between safe and most power. Knock sensing and O2 monitoring is what it takes but usually 12.5-12.8 is what is done NA without knock sensing. Don't be surprised though if you throw it on the dyno and get a different reading than what you're seeing on your gauge. In addition to error, spinning is unloading the engine some and can throw off what is really happening if it's running in open loop WOT.

Quick Reply: Air/fuel ratio questions.