Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone familiar with GMLAN

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone familiar with GMLAN

I need to know if there is anyone on here that is experienced with the BCM GMLAN system from 08/09 Pontiac G8. There is $$$$ in it if you are and know how to do some tricky stuff. I need my 09 G8 HVAC/RADIO to operate completely standalone. No steering wheel controls, no input from anything other than BCM and power. Is it possible? Can it be done? What do you think...

The radio/HVAC system are going into a 69 GTO, with teh rest of the dash. The only electronics I want from the G8 in the dash are the HVAC/ and radio. Everything else is out.

I know it will be a lot of programming, anyone up to it?... If you think you can do it PM me.

Last edited by SShep71; 07-05-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Honestly I'm not sure why someone would want the hassle of trying to do this, but ill throw out some info since work is slow today.

to make it function youd need just the radio, and the hvac control module to communicate by themselves. they operate on low speed GM lan, so technically you can just hook the wires directly to the radio from the hvac control module, and then some wires to a data link connector for tech 2/MDI functionality and programming.

then youd need the correct temperature door actuators installed into the hvac air assembly somehow, and positions would need to be learned/programmed properly for it to function without binding and whatnot.

this is the schematic im looking at for automatic hvac.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info. I know it doesnt seem worth teh effort, most G8 guys are doing custom jobs and I am trying to go stock. It doenst make sense your just gonna have to trust me that it is gonna be worth it.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drop me an email -p Justin@ultimateconversionwiring.com.au

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with GMLAN