PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 with code "p0102", mass air flow?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 with code "p0102", mass air flow?

The sour running 6.0 in my Diamond T is still giving me fits. I bought a scanner, wired up the Diag. port, and got a code "P0102 mass 02 volume air flow A current low input". I then limped the truck, with the MAF unplugged, the only it'll run even halfway decent, to AutoZone,and their scan tool read the same. I purchased a re-manufactured MAF for what I thought was a reasonable price of 75$.

Put it in this morning with high hopes, but it runs exactly the same as with the old one. Stumbles, drops multiple cyl. at a time, and the right bank is now running very rich.

No miss fire code, 02 sensors can OK (they're both new anyway), and no other code show aside from the service engine light malfunction code. I don't have one.

Where should I look from here? Could this be a problem with the harness, the ECU? I don't know what to check as far as pins in the plug to the MAF. It's the stock truck underhood harness and fuse panel, wired as per LT1swap.com. Brandon helped me a great deal, but I hate to keep bugging him with questions...

Any help with what to look for from this point would be appreciated.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails 6.0 with code "p0102", mass air flow?-dsc04533-1024x768-.jpg  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

if its a 3 wire plug you can shoot the wires. turn key on black wire ground to pink wire should be about 5 v and black to red\yellow should be 12v also i dont know if yours has it but my 98 camaro has a fuse named engine sensors thats a MAF fuse 20amp mine was blown it doesnt tell you anywhere there is a fuse so i thought i had a broke wire.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Hmmm, didn't occur to me to check fuses. Mine, an '01 or '02, has 5 wires, yellow, pink, black, tan, purple, left to right from the wire harness side. I'll ck. fuse panel, and smart me, I saved the trucks fuse panel cover with the fuse chart!

Brian
Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I'm at a loss. I've got 12V to the pink wire, good grounds, a new MAF, I fixed a vacume leak I found at the EGR pipe stump (loose hose clamp on a piece of rubber hose on the ribbed tubing), and it still runs awful with the MAF sensor plugged in.

I have the MAF mounted on the accordion tubing that I trimmed off the donor trucks intake tract, making a very sharp right angle turn off the throttle body. It's kinked a little, could the disruption of airflow through that be causing the problems? I have NO room between the throttle body and radiator, perhaps that is the issue.

I'd use a different set up if anyone has any suggestions for a cleaner, less constricted set up. It's driveable with MAF unplugged, but it's not right.

Brian

Last edited by flynbrian48; 05-03-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you had HP tuners you could just get rid of the MAF altogether and run a SD tune.

Can you describe how it runs with MAF connected and without?

Where are you located?
Old 05-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

did you put a brand new MAF on or a used one?

Quick Reply: 6.0 with code "p0102", mass air flow?