Sponsored by:

Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning

Is it hard to tune a 98' Firebird?

Id like to learn how to tune, but i dont want to **** up my car..
Old 05-24-2013, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have time to read for weeks and weeks before even beginning to touch anything? A basic understanding of efi control sensors and what they do? If so it is very rewarding to tune your own car. If you don't have a ton of time to dedicate to it then you should just pay a pro. Also by the time you get a software package and a wb02 it will easily cost more than having somebody do it for ya
Old 05-24-2013, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by outkast6991
Do you have time to read for weeks and weeks before even beginning to touch anything? A basic understanding of efi control sensors and what they do? If so it is very rewarding to tune your own car. If you don't have a ton of time to dedicate to it then you should just pay a pro. Also by the time you get a software package and a wb02 it will easily cost more than having somebody do it for ya
Yeah i kinda figured as much. i wish they had software that was click and choose
Old 05-24-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want to tune yourself, pick up the basic Calibrated Success DVD and watch it. He gives you a lot of the good starting pointers, but hands on is really the best way to learn. Tuning is not for everyone. You MUST understand what the sensors do and how they control the powertrain. Like said above, if you don't want to spend days and days reading and watching videos to collect the basics, then days tuning and trying some of the concepts you learned, a tune from a reputable sponsor is probably a good investment
Old 05-24-2013, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

time to start researching!

Quick Reply: Tuning