PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCMforless tune?

Old 06-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCMforless tune?

I have been talking to PCMforless about a tune, very helpful so far with all my questions. Apparently they have done thousands of LS1/Procharger tunes that are dyno proven and safe, seems a reasonable claim as it should be "old news" by now? Any comments or experience to pass along? Thanks...
Old 06-02-2013, 02:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

They do great work, your in good hands. Seen nothing but positive reviews about them over the years.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Thanks man, I did a search and read some stuff a few years ago? But I see PCMforless tunes in various sigs so figured they were worth checking out. Talked to Keith a few times, seems all business and easy to get answeres from.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:05 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thousands of LS1 Procharger tunes? How many thousands do you think Procharger has sold?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Thousands of LS1 Procharger tunes? How many thousands do you think Procharger has sold?
Don't know Ed? Are LS1 centrifugal tunes not fairly common? is there something I need to know?
Old 06-05-2013, 06:08 AM
9-Second Club

Not that common. LOL

Nobody has tuned thousands of them.

Btw, you lumping all cetrigugal blowers together is wrong. ATI, Vortech, all others take different tuning. Different boost curves, ducting, MAF placements, all have a huge effect on the tuning. No one person had tuned thousands.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 06-05-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Fair enough, but if there is a known tune that has been dyno proven, can that not be tweeked using datalogging for another vehicle?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

PCMForless (PCM OF NC) is a great place. they helped me out a few years back. Great guy (Alvin) and Kelly.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:32 AM
9-Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002 T/A
Fair enough, but if there is a known tune that has been dyno proven, can that not be tweeked using datalogging for another vehicle?
Of course. But do yourself a favor, and don't alter the kit. Don't move the MAF, etc. install it exactly as designed. Otherwise it will likely take plenty of re-tuning.
And don't repeat that "thousands" line. Just makes you look silly. I'm sure they didn't tell you that. When ATI first came out with that kit I was doing their tuning. Very few days did I do more than one for an LS1. Think about how long it would take for "thousands" to be sold. Trucks are a much larger market. I worked with ATI enough to know they could not build and ship them that fast.
Pretty interesting place to visit. Nice group of guys. I still do some tuning for them. They send out handhelds with most kits now. I was given the opportunity to furnish their hand held tprogrammers. I would have needed a larger building with more office space and hire an engineer. Too close to retirement. I declined.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Thanks Ed, since Diablosport went from the Predator to InTune they have had corrupt software issues, so I have been told by PC. Even got DS involved and no success, 3 weeks of back and forth and trying tunes, no success. I can drive it around with the stock tune under 3500 with no issues. This was all with the 3.4 pulley and the kit installed exactly, I took my time doing it! The only difference was I put a Walbro 255 in the tank and optioned for the larger 4.5 ICs, PC said it would make no difference in the tune?
Old 06-05-2013, 12:53 PM
9-Second Club

I don't know who DS is? Guessing PC is Procharger? I would stay out of boost until I got it tuned correctly. I have an ECM laying here right now that seems to have had an issue with the programmer. ATI had the customer send it to me. Waiting to hear back right now.

Btw, what is a 4.5 IC?

Good luck.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 06-05-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Oh, DS is Diablosport, 4.5 inch intercoolers, they have 3.5 " in & out rather than 2.5 with the kits 3.5 ICs. I asked if this would disturb the flow? Wonder if you are correecting their issues because I dropped your name when they told me my ECM was the problem?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:31 PM
9-Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002 T/A
Oh, DS is Diablosport, 4.5 inch intercoolers, they have 3.5 " in & out rather than 2.5 with the kits 3.5 ICs. I asked if this would disturb the flow? Wonder if you are correecting their issues because I dropped your name when they told me my ECM was the problem?
I don't know what you mean by correcting their issues. They have been a very good customer of mine for almost fifteen years. I have worked with them on several projects. Putting cars through the smog labs in Arizona, etc. They are a very good bunch of people.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Launching!

alvin has tuned and obd2 swap on my sbc, tuned my ctsv, and is about to perform an ls1/tvs2300 blower swap in my 89 formula 350. and trust me...im picky. I cant let just anyone touch my car. alvin and kelly do great work and are super nice!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alvin and Brian are top notch. Keith was added more recently, and I will say from my experience and others that he was much more concerned with taking my money than leaving me with a good tune.

I'm not bashing PCM's for less here though. Honestly, I believe Brian to be probably the best tuner out there period. But he is a very busy guy, and thus why he added Keith.

Keith is a great talker. Be he does not have the same experience as Brian and Alvin. He was very happy with tuning my car at WOT and taking my money. Then as my car died just trying to drive out of the parking lot to drive it home, I asked him if he could help with some driveability. He tried very briefly, but ultimately left me high and dry and told me I just needed to "drill a hole in my TB and that would fix everything". I barely was able to drive the car home, then talked with Brian who I had dealt with successfully in the past. He strongly advised against Keith's advice to drill the TB.

In the end I got another tune elsewhere and was able to get it fixed. But the $600 I paid Keith (never mind the time and gas to drive it to him out of state) was completely wasted.

Do yourself a favor and make sure you have Brian tune your car and not Keith.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Launching!

I dealt with Keith at first to buy a tune but Bryan did my adjustments and answered my questions. I did some logs and reported back my fuel trims, he had it nailed! Still working some things out as I did another pulley change and have my own Jet DST. Very happy so far with the results and service!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCMforless tune?