Sponsored by:

DBW issue in 77 Corvette LS1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBW issue in 77 Corvette LS1 swap

Hi Guys!

I'm posting this here beccause the HPTuners forums aren't very active and I originally posted this in the wrong forum section here. (As someone pointed out)

I've got a slightly modified LS1 going into a 77 Corvette. The LS is from a 2000 model Vette, but the PCM is from a 2001 Camaro. The motor came with all the DBW equipment so I kept it. Here's the deal: we flashed in a 2000 Corvette tune (write entire) and the engine will start and idle, but I have no throttle control. The throttle blade will flutter slightly when you disconnect/reconnect the TAC module cable. All the wiring has been double checked and the appropriate voltages appear to be in place. I get the feeling I'm missing something simple. Should the Corvette tune be enough to activate the DBW? Or, is there something else I need to check/turn on?

To add to the puzzle we tried a known good TAC module without any change. Other items of note are that it is throwing codes. Most of them are expected such as A/C codes (its a non A/C car). 1 code that may apply is P1022 TPS low voltage. When I check the TPS with meter I have a solid 5V on the 2 appropriate lines. I plan to check the "signal" lines for varying voltage tonight. I read here that if you manually actuate the pedal and/or throttle blade you should see the voltage fluctuate on the "signal" lines. Its also throwing a code because the alternator is not hooked up yet.

I'll be at the car this evening and can provide more details to anyone that can give me some feedback on this. Some help would be much appreciated!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Teching In

Harness, pedal and TB are supoosed to be from the same 2000 Corvette. The TAC module is from an unknown vehicle as i had to buy it seperate. Every wire has been checked. Should the Corvette tune be enough to activate the DBW? Is there something else in HPTuners i need to check? Is it possible that this Camaro PCM (9354896) will not work in a DBW setup by simply flashing in a Corvette tune?

Harness has been double checked.

Hooked up the alternator tonight.

I do have varying voltage on the signal lines for the TPS.

Here's the codes I get:
P0122 TPS low voltage......my voltages seem correct according to my DMM.
P0452 Fuel tank pressure low voltage......I have no fuel tank pressure sensor N/A
P0412 Secondary Air injection system Valve......not using N/A
P0418 Secondary Air Injection System Relay......not using N/A
P0443 EVAP system control purge control valve......not using N/A
P0449 EVAP vent valve solenoid circuit.....not using N/A
P0480 Cooling fan relay 1......not hooked up yet N/A
P0481 Cooling fan relay 2.....not hooked up yet N/A
P0645 A/C clutch.....non A/C car N/A
P0650 MIL control circuit......not hooked up yet N/A
P0803 Skip Shift Solenoid Control Circuit.....not using N/A
P1637 Generator L-terminal circuit.....This one bothers me because I hooked up a brand new alternator tonight.

Thats it. I'm really starting to lean towards this being a software issue and not a hardware one, but I could be wrong. Ideas?
Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Teching In

You need a Tac module for a vette. The pedal,tac module,and tb and wiring harness must be for a vette.

Quick Reply: DBW issue in 77 Corvette LS1 swap