Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e Upshift Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e Upshift Problem

I have a 2002 Z28. The Car is an Auto with Circle D 3200. Transmission was rebuilt by a friend of mine. It was rebuilt using a Sonnax sure cure kit in the valve body.

Car has a 26 inch tire, 3.73s and stock limiter.

The Problem I am having is when I select manual first the car does not go into first gear until I am below 13mph. (Before the car always went into 1st gear as long as I was under 30mph)
Also once the car is in manual first gear. It will upshift automatically into second while I still have manual first selected. It only seems to do this if I get out of the throttle once I get it up above 3000 rpm. Sometimes it will upshift into second and the drop back down into first gear even though I leave the shifter in manual 1st.
While pulling out in first gear I can also go WOT and the car will rev up to about 4000-5000 rpm and then short shift into second gear by itself without me moving the shifter.

I checked the shifter and shifter cable and everything seems to be in good shape.

So I am leaning towards it being in the tune. Maybe a pressure issue because of the sure cure kit...????

What I am wanting the car to do is as long as I'm under 30mph I can downshift into first and it stays in first, like it was before the rebuilt. I have a Frost mail order tune for the converter before the transmission was rebuilt it worked fine.

I have HPtuners and was wanting to see if someone could point me in the right direction on what I can change in the tune to achieve this.

Current Tune is posted below.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Camaro -8.hpt (461.0 KB, 63 views)
Old 06-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt...

Quick Reply: 4l60e Upshift Problem