Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune, Retune, and Tune again. Best options

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune, Retune, and Tune again. Best options

Ok, I have read the stickies and have read sponsors websites.

I dont care who thinks what is best.

My car is poorly tuned currently

I am planning to upgrade my cam, then eventually heads, and someday hope for nitrous/forced induction. While there is alot of dreaming within the next year cam then heads are for sure.

Since I want to retune sooner rather than later and the cam would go in before the heads I want to understand HPtuners setup, along with some insight on the diablosport trinity.

If I understand HPtuners correctly You pay for the suite/program
-"License" a vehicle in my case a 2000 camaro
-Buy tune credits for what I want to do(full tune without nitrous or FI)
-When I get to the nitrous and or FI I pay again to do nitrous and FI tune ability.

However once I pay for the "right" to tune my car that doesnt need nitrous or FI parameters I can tune as much and as often as I want on my 2000 camaro ss and any other camaro thats a 2000 right?

I however have a feeling each time I tune using HPtuner im gonna have to pay to tune and or retune so since I plan on tuning alot would something like diablosport be smarter, unless the HPTuner is a one time buy.

If I do go with the Diablo sport tuner trinity, does it have the functionality to tune things such as cam and heads, maybe nitrous?

I have read that it does and that it doesnt.

Im not asking which is better but maybe a better understanding of how both work? I just dont want to pay for something I cant use/dont need or pay time and time again while I experiment idk maybe i just want my cake and to eat it too?
Old 06-22-2013, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by silent_soul
Ok, I have read the stickies and have read sponsors websites.

I dont care who thinks what is best.

My car is poorly tuned currently

I am planning to upgrade my cam, then eventually heads, and someday hope for nitrous/forced induction. While there is alot of dreaming within the next year cam then heads are for sure.

Since I want to retune sooner rather than later and the cam would go in before the heads I want to understand HPtuners setup, along with some insight on the diablosport trinity.

If I understand HPtuners correctly You pay for the suite/program
-"License" a vehicle in my case a 2000 camaro
-Buy tune credits for what I want to do(full tune without nitrous or FI)
-When I get to the nitrous and or FI I pay again to do nitrous and FI tune ability.

However once I pay for the "right" to tune my car that doesnt need nitrous or FI parameters I can tune as much and as often as I want on my 2000 camaro ss and any other camaro thats a 2000 right?

I however have a feeling each time I tune using HPtuner im gonna have to pay to tune and or retune so since I plan on tuning alot would something like diablosport be smarter, unless the HPTuner is a one time buy.

If I do go with the Diablo sport tuner trinity, does it have the functionality to tune things such as cam and heads, maybe nitrous?

I have read that it does and that it doesnt.

Im not asking which is better but maybe a better understanding of how both work? I just dont want to pay for something I cant use/dont need or pay time and time again while I experiment idk maybe i just want my cake and to eat it too?

If you buy HP Tuners new it comes with (8) credits. That is more than enough credits to tune anything you choose to do so on your Camaro.

Simple break down:

HP Tuners "NEW" (8) Credits
License Your "Camaro" (2) Credits

Now you can tune away!

You have (6) Credits left, so for future purposes, maybe in boosted application you can license a VCM Enhancement such as 1/2/3 Bar MAP, or RTT. Or Tune a friends car, up to (3) Friends. (Highly recommend you tune on your own car before damaging someone else's)

-You will have to license other "2000" F-body's unless you license that whole entire year which requires (6) credits I believe. I licensed my own vehicle, I never went down that road, so not one hundred percent but you'd be better off licensing your own first in my opinion.

Good Luck!
Old 06-22-2013, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Who tuned your car from the start?
Old 06-22-2013, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you buy a new hp tuners setup it will include 8 credits. That is enough to be able to tune 4 vehicles. So you will license your car using 2 of those credits. Now your car is licensed and you can tune it endlessly and never buy another credit. Also you will have 6 credits left to be able to tune 3 other cars with. I would highly suggest hp tuners, for the price and what you get, it is hard to beat! I have no dealings with diablo, we use then to tune any dodge that comes in the shop and it works great, but I think the software is fairly pricy as is the handheld you have to purchase. Another great option is efi live. It is very similar to hp tuners with just different software and hardware but it works the same with the credits. Hope this helps!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6
Who tuned your car from the start?
Previous owner had it running a supercharger pulled it and retuned it enough to drive pretty good so he could trade in. At first it wasn't noticeable that it isn't a great tune but after driving a stock through and through car my lightly modded car is a joke all my buddy had was a mail order tune.

And thanks for all thr replys ill pick up hptuner soon I looked at efi live and hp just seemed to be easier to understand with a simplee or easier to use and understand interfac

Quick Reply: Tune, Retune, and Tune again. Best options