PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 pontiac firebird Wont run missing, electrical issue?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2000 pontiac firebird Wont run missing, electrical issue?

well two weeks ago i got home in my firebird and parked it in my driveway,Went back out to move the car and it would start but ran like S/'#t not throwing codes missing bad,went thru usual check list,check spark it is very intermittent good on cylinders 1,7 and 2,8 and bad 3,5 and 4,6 checked coil pack with another set of coil packs,changed plugs,Checked fuses,checked power at coil packs,Checked grounds at coil packs,changed back to stock injectors to make sure one wasnt hung open then changed them back,checked compression,Rockers,pushrods,switched out Crank postion sensor,Cam position sensor,Pulled wiring harness out of car took all black tubing off and went thru every wire verifying no broken connections and or grounds to and from there destinations,Removed all unsed wires from harness EGR,Rear O2s,ETC.,made sure all grounds are good,Still wont run right?,Must be the PCM right?,Okay brother works at salvage yard,So he got Computer out of a running 1999 chevy silverado just have to reflash it,So after i purchase the Silverado credits so i can flash my running firebird tune to new computer i do a write entire and when done i shut off key for ten or so seconds then try to start,It satrts runs exactly the same okay i am very stumped.What now??
Old 06-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You never said if you checked fuel pressure..
Old 06-24-2013, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

spot on 58 psi
Old 06-24-2013, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

guess ill pull motor after work,no one has any ideas than i have tried and i have pretty much exhausted all the other options,thinking my reluctor wheel somehow moved,****.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

I have the lifter on #6 intake stuck in the bore and wont move,motor is going to get pulled i guess after i pull the drivers side cylinder head off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 pontiac firebird Wont run missing, electrical issue?