PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP tuners not reading real time.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HP tuners not reading real time.

So awhile back I tried to run my buddies HP tuners that we tuned my PCM with to realtime the motor and did not read and report the data. Is there any additional wiring to the OBD II port that I need other then what I did?

This is in my 88 Monte Carlo, I have power to the port as we have flashed the PCM and my code reader works fine, just cant monitor the engine.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously nobody knows?
Old 06-28-2013, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

There is no additional wiring. You have to make sure your pcm can use rtt and you have to enable rtt and do a write entire. There is info on hptuners board.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by N20zuki
So awhile back I tried to run my buddies HP tuners that we tuned my PCM with to realtime the motor and did not read and report the data. Is there any additional wiring to the OBD II port that I need other then what I did?

This is in my 88 Monte Carlo, I have power to the port as we have flashed the PCM and my code reader works fine, just cant monitor the engine.
To be able to do real time tuning using HPTuners you need to apply a custom OS to your current tune, select which RTT mode you want and write entire.
Then when you open the scanner and connect to the vehicle, the RTT option will be enabled.
If you don't see a RTT option under the HP-OS tab it means it is not available for your operating system and RTT is not possible for your PCM, unless you flash another OS
Old 06-29-2013, 06:24 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You also have to select the set of rtt tables you want to see when you write the tune.. in the main tab there's a drop down box for rtt....make sure it says something other than "disabled"

Quick Reply: HP tuners not reading real time.