Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMPP engine no start issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 03:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GMPP engine no start issues

Okay, having some odd issues here with a new motor. The controller is a GMPP LS2/3 controller new and unmodified harness from GMPP.

Got the motor all wired up last night, put power to it, turned on the key and got a fuel pump prime. Bled the rails and once the air was gone tried to start, and nothing. So, I pulled the injectors out of the manifold and turned it over, no fuel ( they had been sitting for 5 years, so I assumed they might be clogged). So today I did a simple clean up on the injectors, put them into the motor, bled it down and cranked and still nothing. I have good spark, and it runs with a little shot of ether.

Now, I went and picked up a noid light after the second no start. Hooked it up to the number 3 injector, cranked for a second, got some flashes and so I stopped and moved on to #5 cylinder. Cranked, Nothing. Switched back to number 3 and cranked, it flashed a few times and then stopped flashing while cranking. Now I don't get an injector pulse on any cylinder. Still has spark, still runs on ether. when I first hooked up the computer, the MIL was flashing when the key was on, and while cranking. Now the light is constantly on, while the key is on and while cranking. I am lost. I am trying to get a local tuner here with a lap top. In the mean time, can anyone suggest anything? I have 3 good grounds on the motor, and I also took some jumper cables and made several more grounds just to be sure. Voltage is 13.8 when the key is on, and 12.18 while cranking. has constant 12v at the injector plugs while the key is on and not cranking. Also, I disconnected all the injector plugs and left them unhooked while checking each with a noid light, thought maybe a bad injector shorting things out or something? No luck.

Anyone, anything?
Old 07-06-2013, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check it for codes

Quick Reply: GMPP engine no start issues