PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto & LS1 Hot Cam PT Tuning Issues, need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 05:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Question Auto & LS1 Hot Cam PT Tuning Issues, need some help!

You gotta love doing part throttle tuning on autos...

For the most part, I just got done tuning a 2001 T/A Auto with a LS1 Hot cam in it, this is my second auto car to do a full tune on.

The mods on the 2001 T/A auto are:

LS1 Hot cam
160 stat
Ported TB (from sponsor on here)
Pacesetter Long Tubes (no cats)
SLP LoudMouth Cat back with bullet muffler
ASP Pulley (not sure if he has this or not)
SLP MAF

I got the part throttle tuning pretty much done as in setting the idle to 800 and the Ltrims are slightly negative at cruise and they lock at 0 at WOT.

I dyno tuned it last night and the best I did was 377 HP & 372 TQ with 27 degrees timing and 12.6 AFR.

The problem we are having is when you put it into gear, it wants to die 50% of the time and when it's in gear/running, you let your foot off the brake and all by it's self, the car will get up to 25-30 MPH without hitting the gas pedal!

I tried different idle settings, tried the Idle Air table, no luck.

I did unplug the IAC after I got it running and took it for a drive, it acted somewhat normal, it only got up to 5-7 MPH.

Is there by chance a IAC relearn procedure? It seems that the IAC is the whole problem with this car.

I know the IAC works, you can see the position move in Autotap.

Last year I tuned a 2000 T/A auto and we didn't run into these problems and the cam was slightly larger than the LS1 Hot cam.

Any tips to get these problems resolved?

Thanks in advance!

Bill
Old 04-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the hotcam in mine with a stock converter, had the same issues til i played with the VE table in the 400-1200 rpm range try reducing 400 by 60%,800 by 80, and 1200 by 90 and see if there is an improvement.

the cruise control effect, i think you have to adjust idle air in gear,and p/n decay to reduce this effect

hope this helps

Brian

Quick Reply: Auto & LS1 Hot Cam PT Tuning Issues, need some help!