PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem, maf no signal out of no where? (FIXED!)

Old 07-17-2013, 01:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Problem, maf no signal out of no where? (FIXED!)

Any help is surely appreciated.

Last night i pulled the car in and removed the front bumper/absorber/reinf/ and winshield washer res.

I installed a front bumper support and deleted everything else. While i had the bumper off i fixed a wire for the headlight motor. And spray painted the condensor black.

Thats it.

After reassembly, As soon as i started the car i noticed it hesitate. And it felt funny driving home. The car threw a check engine light with the following codes.

P0102 mass air flow circuit signal low
P0803 up shift/ skip shift sol cntrl ct.

P0803 might explain why its been difficult to shift into reverse( new solenoid on the way)

Even though i have read the two codes tie into the same fuse i dont think they will affect one another.

Following actions taken:

All Fuses checked over and over again.
Maf removed and cleaned
K&n air filter removed
02 sensor wiring inspected (not even close to headers)
Maf plug inspected.
Codes cleared.

The maf is brand new 4 mnths old maybe and has been tuned since then.
The car was running great before last night.

Im a little at a loss. I have a new maf coming just to double check but i cant imagine a new maf going bad so soon.

Anybody have any thoughts??

Zo6 maf and connector
02 trans am, heads/cam/intake/ ect.

Edit: forgot a couple of things.

I did a burn out after the reinstall and it did bounce of the rev limiter 1 time. No sure if its relevant.

Also grounds checked. Although there were no grounds pulled off during bumper removal.

And yes the 20 amp fuse under hood "engine control"
Is good.

Last edited by 1nverted; 07-18-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

Here is a little more data:

These pictures were just now taken. parked with engine idle.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

With a volt meter, check for 12V across the pink and black wires on the MAF. Bet you dont have it. The Eng Sens fuse provides 12V to that circuit, the Skip Shift Solenoid, the Reverse Lockout Solenoid and all 4 O2 sensor heaters. Find where the break in the circuit is.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
With a volt meter, check for 12V across the pink and black wires on the MAF. Bet you dont have it. The Eng Sens fuse provides 12V to that circuit, the Skip Shift Solenoid, the Reverse Lockout Solenoid and all 4 O2 sensor heaters. Find where the break in the circuit is.
Found it!

you were right, thanks!

For all those that might have the same problem:

i wasnt getting any power from the pink wire. So i went hunting. It was very difficult since the harness is so well tucked and taped together and some of the wires tend to discolor midway (pink to orange-ish and back to pink)

I tracked the power wire from maf towards the back of the intake and over to the pcm. From there it goes down to the battery area (Through a plug mid way). Then it shoots right, over to where the Fuse control center is.

After pulling apart the harness i narrowed down to the fender area. Pcm side had no power but batter side did.

One thing i forgot to mention was that the passenger harness mod was done maybe a year ago. So i took off the liner and looked around and found this---

The culprit:

looks like the tab the holds it in place was broken so when i removed the bumper and liner i must have tugged on the harness enough to pull the plug out.

Plugged it back in, cleared the codes, no more codes and car runs great!!
Also replaced the reverse lockout solenoid and goes into reverse alot better!

FOR ALL THOSE DOING THE PASSENGER HARNESS MOD:

make sure the connectors are properly attached. Learn from my mistake.

Thanks! on to the next project!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problem, maf no signal out of no where? (FIXED!)