Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what am i doing wrong

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what am i doing wrong

i put a set of jpr s2 heads and cam setup on my car. car runs good sounds mean as hell , even feels pretty good. when i took a run at the track and logged it on efi live the o2 sensors locked in the low 60's at wot. from what i understand at wot it should be around 890's or so. why is she locking so low. and every time i reflash the pcm with edit the numbers look pretty good for awhile. fuel trims stay just neg. but after about 100 miles or so i start throwing lean codes and the fuel trims max out to 25. i dont get whats happening. i am no expert so any info will help. i am just not happy with 106 mph runs when the old stage 1's got me going to 116 mph.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuel filter,out of injector,fuel pressure?
Have you modified the IFR table? ( lower the # is richer & higher the # is leaner) Maybe your going the wrong way with your scaling.
Alot of good info at www.ls1tuning.com

If I were you I wouldn't be doing anymore WOT runs until you get that lean condition sorted out
Old 05-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i changed the ifr table by 90%. besides that i have the stock maf sensor and table in right now.i swapped out the gmaf for tuning purposes. the only other thing i really changed was the ve table below 1200 rpm. and the cranking ve also below 1200 rpm.basically what ls1tuning.com says to do to idle correctly. the fuel filter is new and the injectors were swapped out for the stock jobbers while trying to solve this problem i am having. but at 6400 rpm the injector pulse width is only about 16 and change. i dont think that would be maxing the injectors.anyway the most problems is with daily driving around town.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I would try throwing the stock tune in with just some mild adjustments for the cam and see if the lean codes return.

Your car waiting ~100 miles to throw lean codes every time is very odd.

Do you throw lean codes on one bank, or just both?

You may want to get that thing on a wideband to see what your actual a/f is at WOT.

Good Luck