Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to buy

I need a tune bad and i dont know what to buy should i buy LS1 edit witch my buddy alex can tune my car like a **** with or should i be the ginny pig and buy HP tuners and be the first one in the tri-state area to have it so what should i do ? both are around the same price so help me out

And yes i know that HP tuners is a sponsor of the site

How hard would it be to tune a hot cam and a 3800stall and a 3:73 gear on HP or edit with one would be easyer...
Old 05-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That combo would be cake with LS1edit, but I don't know anything about HP tuners. If they are the same price, I'd say get the one that's proven.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude the programs are the SAME. the only difference is the ls1edit raw # for VE table, whereas hptuners uses VE %.

Which is hardly a handicap if you can do 4th grade math.

Trust me, i own hptuners and have used ls1edit, the interface is 99% the same in most respects except theres a few tables (important ones) that hptuners has, and i think 1 table missing or i can't find it that ls1edit has.

an ls1edit expert will have 0 troubles figuring out hptuners and vice versa.

ls1edit can read hptuners bin's but hptuners cannot read ls1edit ones due to the encryption ls1edit uses.

hptuners has a logger, and the support is phenom. They are a sponsor.

And i'm sure you'd score some brownie points on all other folks with the same year car as you in the tristate area, plus retain resale value of your product.

now you make the call.