PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can someone take a look at these quick logs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone take a look at these quick logs?

Ok so I know you absolutely need a wideband to propery tune a car. I've posted in here prior trying to figure out when i keep burning up O2 sensors. I have an AEM wideband i'm installing this week hopefully. I made two quick logs while just sitting in garage. I'd like to get it to at least a safe zone before i just throw on the widebands and start driving around and tuning. Am I seeing this correctly does the car start out way lean then give way to much fuel to compensate? Anyone have any advice on what I can adjust without a wideband run considering i'm not wanting to drive the car much with it being off this far. Sorry if this is a total newbie question.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
log scan 8-13-13 first run.hpl (207.4 KB, 294 views)
File Type: hpl
Old 08-19-2013, 05:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HarlotSS
Ok so I know you absolutely need a wideband to propery tune a car. I've posted in here prior trying to figure out when i keep burning up O2 sensors. I have an AEM wideband i'm installing this week hopefully. I made two quick logs while just sitting in garage. I'd like to get it to at least a safe zone before i just throw on the widebands and start driving around and tuning. Am I seeing this correctly does the car start out way lean then give way to much fuel to compensate? Anyone have any advice on what I can adjust without a wideband run considering i'm not wanting to drive the car much with it being off this far. Sorry if this is a total newbie question.
I can't see your logs, and don't know much about your setup, but I can understand your frustration. I will take a stab at it.

1) Wideband sensor needs to be placed anywhere in the exhaust stream, with no exhaust leaks at all above or near it.

2) You absolutely have to have a wideband sensor powered at all times when the car is running, or they will burn up.

3) You need to start the vehicle and bring it up to operating temperature under normal, soft driving.

4) The wideband is most accurate for tuning when you are making minimal throttle adjustments. Either idle-cruise, wot pull, or 20-80 acceleration. Quick movements of the throttle (driving and tuning), will only result in trash data.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: can someone take a look at these quick logs?