Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago area dyno tune vs HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 02:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chicago area dyno tune vs HP Tuners

I am not starting this thread to bash anybody so I will not list names or experiences but I am currently a little frustrated with some chicago area tuners inability to communicate and a disappointing experience at one of them. The demand must be extremely high which enables their customer service to remain less than favorable...or I am simply not dropping enough coin.

How difficult is HP Tuners to learn and are mail order tunes any good to get me started? I am a former Master ASE tech and extremely familiar with scanning, lab scopes and the basics but have never done any customized tuning. I owned my own repair and drivability shop years ago but retired from the industry in 2001.

I was hoping a few of you guys could provide some pointers or guidance as to how HP Tuners works and how difficult is the learning curve? Is there even a comparison between HP Tuners and a professional dyno tune?

If I do choose to try my hand at HP Tuners is there good support and will I NEED a wideband?

Thanks!!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

HP Tuners or any tuning software is as good as the person uses it. You can download a demo version and look at and see if thats something you think you'll want to learn. Yes will have to have a wideband or rent a dyno for your WOT fueling. Tuning isnt hard but learning how to everything in the software is the learning curve. If your willing to spend the time to learn you can tune your own vehicle but you have to be willing to spend lots of hours learning. The other option is buy HPT and a mail order tune and then just fine tune that tune. We sell that option alot because it saves you tons of time. All that you would have to dial in would be WOT fuel and maybe tweak timing and maybe idle.

Quick Reply: Chicago area dyno tune vs HP Tuners