PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Circuits to interrupt multiple pcm functions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Circuits to interrupt multiple pcm functions?

I was curious if there were any circuits from/to/through the pcm that could be interrupted by a switched relay that would disable/trip multiple vehicle systems such as power to the ignition coils, trip limp mode, etc...

I would prefer to have the engine still be able to crank, just not fire, even flood (making future attempts to start it even more difficult), so it's not immediately evident that something has been disabled and turns my car into a trouble shooting nightmare instead of an easy lift.

Anyone have any information?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Enable Vats
Old 09-28-2013, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

Vats is still functional in its default capacity in my car. I'm looking for a second layer of immobilization under the assumption that the thief will disable or otherwise surpass the vats system.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Personaly I think your wasting your time. I have access to a rollback and a hook and tow. I can reach under your car cut the battery cables and tow it away. Buy a good alarm system and power it directly from the battery posts and call it a day
Old 09-30-2013, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Good. I want them to have to resort to towing it. Thats the point of an immobilizing device, to weed out anyone without a tow truck. I respectfully disagree with your opinion. I do not feel $10 in parts and 30 minutes of my time to eliminate anyone driving away with my car is a waste.

If anyone wants anything bad enough they will get, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't make it highly inconveient for the ones who don't want it that bad. That's all any anti theft device does is make your stuff less convenient to steal or get into than someone elses.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:19 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find the ignition relay in the fuse panel under the hood and put a switch between the coil and where it grounds. It's a black wire.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fuel pump relay coil signal is easy. You might get the
Hotwire kit and modify it to suit, picking up some fuel
pump power integrity while you're at it.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

Put a relay in series with the crank position sensor signal going to the PCM. You can enable the relay with something like the power antennae radio output. So the Car would only start if the radio is on ;-)
Old 10-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RebelExtrm02
Good. I want them to have to resort to towing it. Thats the point of an immobilizing device, to weed out anyone without a tow truck. I respectfully disagree with your opinion. I do not feel $10 in parts and 30 minutes of my time to eliminate anyone driving away with my car is a waste.

If anyone wants anything bad enough they will get, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't make it highly inconveient for the ones who don't want it that bad. That's all any anti theft device does is make your stuff less convenient to steal or get into than someone elses.
When I was younger and more foolish I believed as you, to disable it so they couldn't drive it away. Heck I didn't need an alarm, I have shaved door handles. So what do you think they did, since they couldn't slim jim the the doors, they pried the windows down until the regulator snapped off. They proceeded to peel the column to crank it over but since I was smart and converted it over to a pellet key and an F-body vats module, it wouldn't start. They then proceeded to peel the radio and pilar gauges of of it and finished it off by slicing up the interior and cutting all kinds of wiring under the hood. I settled with the insurance company for a hair under $3K because much higher and it would have gotten totalled off. I learned, you get an alarm with a very loud horn
Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Pacer Racer
When I was younger and more foolish I believed as you, to disable it so they couldn't drive it away. Heck I didn't need an alarm, I have shaved door handles. So what do you think they did, since they couldn't slim jim the the doors, they pried the windows down until the regulator snapped off. They proceeded to peel the column to crank it over but since I was smart and converted it over to a pellet key and an F-body vats module, it wouldn't start. They then proceeded to peel the radio and pilar gauges of of it and finished it off by slicing up the interior and cutting all kinds of wiring under the hood. I settled with the insurance company for a hair under $3K because much higher and it would have gotten totalled off. I learned, you get an alarm with a very loud horn
Which I have had for as long as I've owned the thing. That is not, and has not been, up for debate. This thread isn't a debate. I requested information on wiring and pcm functions, not alarms.

Thank you everyone else for the information you have contributed thus far.

Quick Reply: Circuits to interrupt multiple pcm functions?